Acer Aspire Model AX3400 Repairs - I am attaching a labelled photograph of the connections

Scribe_05
Scribe_05 Member Posts: 3 New User

This is to do with a VERY old Acer Aspire Model AX3400.

In attempting a repair, a cable with a short flat end attached to the rear CD system of this unit became disconnected from the motherboard.

When I went to re-connect it, I found that there are 3 possible places to connect to and I certainly hope someone can help me to choose the correct one.

I am attaching a labelled photograph of the connections and hopefully this will help.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Best Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,853 Trailblazer
    Answer âś“

Hi @Scribe_05 I hope this information helps you although it does not seem to be exactly the same board:

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue Ăştil o márquela como soluciĂłn si se resolviĂł, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & X (alezmvp)
  • Scribe_05
    Answer âś“

Alejandro_AC Thank you for the reply. I will connect the same way and hopefully it will be correct.

Many thanks.

• Scribe_05
    Answer âś“

Thank you.

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Answer âś“

Hi @Scribe_05 I hope this information helps you although it does not seem to be exactly the same board:

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue Ăştil o márquela como soluciĂłn si se resolviĂł, ¡gracias!
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
  • Scribe_05
    Answer âś“

Alejandro_AC Thank you for the reply. I will connect the same way and hopefully it will be correct.

Many thanks.

• Alejandro_AC

You're welcome, you'll comment.

Thank you.
    All the best.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,249 Trailblazer

Here's the board layout:

And the info on them:

All four SATA connectors have identical specs, so it should really matter which one you plug the ODD into.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Scribe_05
    Answer âś“

Thank you.