Predator PT515-51triton 500 fan always on boost how can I disable fan boost on startup?

miah0160
miah0160 Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
edited June 2023 in Predator Laptops

My laptop fan always boosted when turning on and when temperature reaches to 50 degrees. when it start boosting it wont stop even if i change it on predator sense.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Update the bios to the latest version and see this table:

Updates ME and PMC firmware version
    • Data:2020/03/10
    • Versão:1.13
    • Fornecedor:Acer
    • Tamanho:6.13 MB
    • Download

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓

Updating the bios is risky. I advise to perform this procedure:
    a) let the battery charge to 100%.
    b) leave the power adapter connected.
    c) disable the antivirus.
    d) disconnect all peripherals from usb ports.
    e) do not interfere during the upgrade.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• miah0160

It started like this after windows update. Even I reformat my laptop the problems still occur.

• Hi! What is the exact model? Example: AN515-55-5890.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• miah0160

Predator PT515-51

Core i7-8750H

16Gb ram

RTX2060

• miah0160

while I'm using it now fan still boosted. RPM wont project on predator sense.

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓

Update the bios to the latest version and see this table:

Updates ME and PMC firmware version
    • Data:2020/03/10
    • Versão:1.13
    • Fornecedor:Acer
    • Tamanho:6.13 MB
    • Download

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• miah0160
  • miah0160

I'm afraid to update if I dont know the process could you please guide me through the update and settings?

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓

Updating the bios is risky. I advise to perform this procedure:
    a) let the battery charge to 100%.
    b) leave the power adapter connected.
    c) disable the antivirus.
    d) disconnect all peripherals from usb ports.
    e) do not interfere during the upgrade.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• miah0160
  • Have you tried cleaning the fans and replacing the thermal paste?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• miah0160

yes its done repasting and cleaning but same problem

• Try disabling some startup programs via msconfig:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• miah0160
  • The bios controls the fan table and the temperature. That's why I'm suggesting updating to the latest version. But updating the bios is risky.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• miah0160

Thank you maybe i try to let another technician to look on this problem if they cant fix it then i'll be updating bios. I already refer this problem to the acer service center here in our area but they cant fix it.

• miah0160

Is this a bug on predator sense? I just found out this morning. If so how can this be fixed.

• Are you referring to gpu fan 2 not working?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• miah0160

yes the gpu 2nd fan

• The fans only start working at 45ºC.

Try disconnecting the battery and fans:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer