Does anyone else have a Aspire 3 laptop where the plastic casing has cracked in many places?

Options
G2019
G2019 Member Posts: 4 New User

And if so where did you get replacement parts? I need the display casing and the base machine casing replacements.

Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

We are going to need more info… Which Aspire 3 laptop do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like A3xx-xxx-xxxx. If it's one of the models that was available in different colors, which color is yours? While locale is it setup for? Many models have the keyboard integrated into the top case and different locales use different keyboards.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • G2019
    Options

Thanks for the reply - it is a model A316-42-R2D9, it is black, bought in Canada from Best Buy, it has a standard North American keypad look, and the top case has individual openings for each key.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • G2019
    Options

Unfortunately it is out of warranty, 2019.

• G2019
    Options

And thanks for the info.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Okay, the top case is either a 6B.HF8N2.001 (US/International keyboard) or 6B.HF8N2.011 (US International w/ Canadian French). The base is 60.HF4N2.001. Search on those numbers, but also look at the cost of a used system on the secondary market. You might find it's cheaper to get a full replacement used vs. replacing just the parts new. At four years old I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is the case…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.