My pc won’t turn on, with wake up on lan( aspire tc-605)

ShebshBatman
ShebshBatman Member Posts: 5 New User

Yesterday, I set the wake up on lan function on my pc, and it did work once, but today it doesn’t seem to work anymore, so does some one know how to troubleshoot that, or have a tutorial on that model?

Answers

• ShebshBatman

got it, some time the port change from 9 to y

• ShebshBatman

To 7******

• ShebshBatman

NVM, still doesn’t work

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

There are two places you need to enable to get Wake on LAN working on your Aspire TC-605. It needs to be set in both the BIOS and in Windows. In the BIOS you get to it in the Power tab:

As you can see it's disabled by default. Then once that's set you can tell Windows to deal with it and you should be good to go.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ShebshBatman

i already did it, but some time it work and some time not, I want to troubleshoot it

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

The only other place to set it up that I know if is in the properties for the adapter itself. Use Device Manager and navigate to the Ethernet port (I think it's a Realtek RTL8111GA in yours) and bring up Properties for it. Check for Wake on Magic Packet under the Advanced tab and if there is a Power Management tab look to make sure the system isn't turning the port off when asleep to save energy.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.