Acer Veriton Essential N2580 UEFI Interactive Shell / Install Windows 11

Rimes
Rimes Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2023 in Windows 11

Good morning, everyone,

I have just bought an Acer Veriton Essential N2580 without an operating system, inside it I only find the UEFI Interactive Shell.

I have created a boot USB with a Windows 11 ISO downloaded directly from https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/software-download/windows11, once I insert the USB and boot it via F12 I get the UEFI Interactive Shell loaded with only fs0:
I tried booting the USB while holding ESC (to exit the Shell) but the stick is not detected.
As a further test I used the Windows 11 installation media creation tool but again the outcome is reloading the shell itself.
Another thing I have done is to select the fs0: in the shell, select the path efi/boot/ and start the boot file .efi but again the outcome is the same as the previous attempt.
As a USB stick I used a 128GB one, formatted with Rufus (I tried formatting it with MBR or GTP) to NSFT and then formatted it with the microsoft tool.
In the BIOS I disabled the TPM, set no password and set the USB as the first boot.

How do I install Windows 11? Is there any special procedure needed?

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,203 Trailblazer

Have you tried to boot with that USB drive on another W11 PC/laptop?
    Do you see your SSD boot drive in the BIOS Information tab as HDD0 with the correct SSD specs? If so, read these instructions how to Clean Install W11:
    https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clean-install-windows-11.99/

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    edited June 2023

Be sure that BOOT MODE is enabled.

Go in to bios, change it then save and reboot with F12 to select your USB drive.

See attachment

Also no need to make bootable as The Create Tool will do it all.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-installation-media-for-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    edited June 2023

Since you are able to get into the boot menu you should be good to go there. Are you sure that the boot selection is trying to boot from the flash drive? It sounds like it's still coming up into the EFI shell from the BIOS instead of the EFI image on the flash drive. Some flash drives have activity lights that can show that they are being accessed, but a lot these days don't. :( Note that you don't want to disable TPM, since W11 uses the presence of TPM as part of it's decision as to whether you are allowed to install or not, but likely that's later in the process so shouldn't affect this part.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rimes
    Rimes Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, everyone,
    I am putting you pictures of the Authentication, Security and Boot Options tabs of the BIOS with the current settings.
    For this attempt I used Microsoft's media creation tool to format/create the bootable USB.
    I also booted the USB (for testing) on another laptop and it booted correctly (last image).

• Larryodie

You need to boot with F12 or Fn + F12 to get the boot setup screen.

• Larryodie

You can also do an ALT-F10 and get the factory default.

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer

So show us the picture you get when you use F12 to get the boot menu during POST instead of F2 to get into the BIOS. The install flash drive should be listed there.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.