Nitro AN515-55 Laptop Hotspot problem, my laptop connects directly by LAN to my hostel internet port

jessperj
jessperj Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited June 2023 in Nitro Gaming

I have a Nitro AN515-55 and my laptop connects directly by LAN to my hostel internet port. I can use the internet perfectly fine, but when I turn on the mobile hotspot of the laptop, my apple devices will load forever to connect to the hotspot, but an android can connect easily. I know this problem came from the laptop because my apple devices can connect without problem to other laptop's mobile hotspot.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Yeah, I saw those posts too about enabling all the network adapters BT, wifi, lan but doubted it in this case. As mentioned earlier, I suggest registering and posting the issue to the iphone forums to see what they might come up with. Seems like when an iphone is a hotspot, most if not all Win10 PCs connect to the iphone hotspot. But if it's the other way around, the iphone won't connect to many PCs. I doubt a PC reset is worth the effort to try to resolve it.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE

Search Windows start menu 'hotspot'. Click mobile hotspot. Please post screenshot of result.

Jack E/NJ

• jessperj

Tinkerer

First picture is the one you requested. The second picture is from my phone trying to connect, which ends up not connecting.

• JackE

Edit network band from 2.4GHz to any available.

Jack E/NJ

• jessperj

Tinkerer

Tried it, result is still the same. I tried any available, 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, still doesn’t work.

• JackE

Check passwords again on phone too. Make sure the laptop is shared. Then turn off both the phone & laptop. Then boot the laptop first. Wait a minute or so. Then boot the phone.

If it still won't connect, search 'share' in Windows start menu. Click manage advanced share settings. Expand all networks. Change 128 to 40/56 bit encryption. You can also try temporarily disable password sharing if still no connection.

Jack E/NJ

• jessperj

Tinkerer

Doesn't work unfortunately

• JackE
    edited June 2023

Did you disable password? You must re-boot after trying these changes.

Jack E/NJ

• jessperj

Tinkerer

edited June 2023

Yes I did all of it, none of it seems to be working. It's the same like before. I tried connecting with my friend's device which is also Apple devices, it doesn't work as well, only android and windows laptop can connect to it.

• JackE

only android and windows laptop can connect to it.

Whoa!!! Does this mean an Android phone, tablet or chromebook also handshakes with the nitro's hotspot OK?

Jack E/NJ

• jessperj

Tinkerer

Yes android phone, tablet and chromebook can connect without problem. None of the apple devices can connect to it, I find it very weird.

• JackE

What are the iphone edit options? Instead of auto connect, can you set it to manually select Jessper hotspot after turning wifi off then on again. And then manually enter the Jessper password?

Jack E/NJ

• jessperj

Tinkerer

Inside the edit option shows all the known wifi networks.

Below is the wifi information if needed

Regarding entering the password manually, still didn't fix it

• JackE

Are any of the other networks on a Windows PC hotspot that you could try to join?

Jack E/NJ

• jessperj

Tinkerer

Yeah I tried with other laptop hotspot that connect with the same LAN port, and i can connect to it without problem

• JackE
    1. Is there a way for you to find out if the iphone is using the wpa2 security protocol?
    2. Also, open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. If fast startup is checked, UNcheck it.

Jack E/NJ

• jessperj

Tinkerer

1. I could not find the security type on any of the devices.
    2. Fast startup is unchecked.

• JackE

The default security protocol for latest Win10/Win11 hotspots is "wpa2" only requiring a minimum 8-character password. While your hotspot accepts your 8-digit password coming from android, windows & chrome machines, the hotspot either ignores it coming from apple machines or doesn't see the apples at all.

What I find odd is that the apples aren't throwing some kind of error messages after trying to connect for so long. As if the apples see the hotspot but the hotspot doesn't see the apples.

While the apples are trying to connect, are any other machines trying to connect or already connected to the hotspot at the same time?

"

Jack E/NJ

• jessperj

Tinkerer

edited June 2023

Yes that is what I found odd as well, like it just keeps loading for as long as I stare at it. And no, there are no other machine trying to connect or already connected to it.

Is there a possibility that my network adapter has a problem? I’m afraid to factory reset everything if the result will come out the same.

• JackE

I tried connecting with my friend's device which is also Apple devices,

Obviously no hardware issues since it works with un-apples. Did your friend's apple also yield no error messages?

Others have reported similar iphone issues trying to connect to hotspots within some but not all Win10 update environments. An example in this link. This suggests a buggy Win10 hotspot app depending on which Win10 update environment the hotspot was created in.

One of the suggested workarounds is to use an earlier 3rd party VirtualRouterManager freeware . It was previously used to create Win10 hotspots before the Win10 hotspot app debuted in its anniversary update.

If it was mine, I'd try the VirtualRouterManager before doing a factory reset. Because whatever the Win10 factory version is might have the same problem. Even if it works with the factory version, a subsequent update version could mess it up again.

I'd also try the iphone forums to see what they might think is going on since the Windows hotspot seems to work fine with un-apples. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• jessperj

Tinkerer

Yes they also have no error message.

So I have tried the VirtualRouter and I got another error.

I watched a few fix from youtube and they say to enable my network adapters. I enabled everything and I still got the same error. It seems like there are no possible fix for this. :(