Acer Nitro 5 Model AN515-42 Disabling Integrated graphics

NonExistingURL
NonExistingURL Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2023 in Nitro Gaming

I have a Acer Nitro 5 Model AN515-42 and a lot of my games are still defaulting to my integrated GPU instead of my discrete GPU and i have gone looking through my BIOS to find a way to disable that since trying to force the application to use my discrete in the settings is not working. is there any way i can go in and disable this to make make it easier to run games on this laptop?

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

When allowed by the BIOS firmware, the Acer NitroSense app would typically be used to do this. However, not all models allow this. The latest NitroSense app for your model is available at this link if not already installed.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓

When allowed by the BIOS firmware, the Acer NitroSense app would typically be used to do this. However, not all models allow this. The latest NitroSense app for your model is available at this link if not already installed.

Jack E/NJ

• NonExistingURL
    NonExistingURL Member Posts: 2 New User

I did have it installed but at some point my nitrosense stopped working even after deleting and reinstalling (could also be because i found out im in 1.13 BIOS and the latest is 1.18) but it still hasnt worked since, i will update my BIOS and see if that fixes the problem from there, but thank you and i will try that too

• JackE

OK. Let us know how it goes.

Jack E/NJ