Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58-93JE - My display/screen looks yellowish is that normal?

Mahyar_234
Mahyar_234 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello, i just bought this laptop and lately i been noticing the laptop screen looks yellowish compared to my previous laptop's screen and I want to know if there is a problem in this screen or is it normal?

my laptop specifications:

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58-93JE Gaming Laptop,

15.6" FHD 165Hz Display,

Intel Core i9-12900H,

16GB RAM,

512 SSD,

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 6GB,

RGB Backlit Eng KB Win 11, Black | NH.QHYSA.003

here is an image to see the difference between my older laptop's screen (top image) and acer nitro 5 screen (lower image):

Answers

• Mahyar_234

Tinkerer

please note that I tried every thing to fix it:

Night light

updating graphic drivers both intel uhd and nvedia RTX 3060

deleting graphic drivers then reinstalling them

and nothing worked

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,238 Trailblazer

Open Acer Quick Access and disable Blue Light Shield and Color Intelligence apps.

• Can you tell me the bios version?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mahyar_234

Tinkerer

Thank you for your time

I haven't installed acer quick access app.

Should I install it then try this solution?

• Mahyar_234

Tinkerer

Thank you for your time

My bios version is 1.11

Does the bios update that you mentioned is know to solve this issue?

I'm a graphic designer and I noticed that the image looks different on different apps.

The exposure is different in the 3ds max rendered image when I open it using photoshop.

this problem is not because of the two programs and did not happen in my old laptop with the same settings.

• Puraw

No not for the yellow tint issue but most of the Acer PCs need Quick Access for the Caps and Num lock key onscreen icons, maybe Nitro's have these key indicators on the keyboard, then you don't need Quick Access.

• Mahyar_234

Tinkerer

Thanks for your reply but I don't need it for gaming, I need it for work and the yellow tint is affecting my work, How can I tell if it is normal or not?

• Puraw
    edited June 2023

No, it is not normal. Boot to Safe Mode, Shift+Restart and navigate to TRoubleshoot>Restart>F4 or 3 and you will boot to Safe Mode. Open Word or some other program with a white screen and see if the yellow tint is gone.

I found some additional information:
    Acer released a new BIOS version 1.13 that includes "Update panel brightness table" you should update your version 1.11.
    There are 9 different NVIDIA GPU drivers available for your laptop, have you installed the correct GTX 3060 driver?
    There is also the NVIDIA VGA Utility (Console) have you installed that too?

Your screen: 15.60 inch 16:9, 2560 x 1440 pixel 188 PPI, Chi Mei N156KME-GNA, IPS, matte, 165 Hz and should be perfect white.

• Mahyar_234

Tinkerer

Thank you for replying, I already tried the safe mode with no luck and I'm sure that I installed the correct GTX driver.

It worths mentioning that the yellow screen remains even if I uninstalled all the graphic drivers.

About the NVIDIA VGA Utility (Console) I didn't install it but when I installed the NVIDIA driver the NVIDIA settings was installed with it.

Do you think the bios update would solve the issue?

• Puraw

Acer released a new BIOS version 1.13 that includes "Update panel brightness table" you should update your version 1.11.

• What happens when you upgrade to version 2.05?

1. Fix resume from S3 will auto restart issue.
    • Data:2023/04/28
    • Versão:2.05
    • Fornecedor:Acer
    • Tamanho:23.17 MB
    • Download

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ichotheo
    ichotheo Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the same problem. I just bought this laptop yesterday. Is this normal or should I ask for replacement?

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ichotheo
    ichotheo Member Posts: 2 New User
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer