Acer Predator Connect W6 Wi-Fi 6E Router Configuration of Hybrid QOS

RogueChivalry
RogueChivalry Member Posts: 4 New User
edited June 2023 in Gaming Accessories

There seems to be a over looked over setting when it comes to the limits of the QOS bandwidth management.

When manually setting the bandwidth, the max allowed is up to 1000mbps.

However the router has a 2.5gbps or 2500mbps WAN port. Therefore the limits should be set to the capabilites of the WAN port or 2500mbps.

My internet plan is 1500mbps down with 50mbps up for a coax connection.

I cannot do a speed test because of the IP range I chose which prevents speedtest from working on the dashboard.

Firmware Version:

Answers

• RogueChivalry
    edited June 2023

I guess at this speed I will turn off QOS as that will limit the bandwidth less than the actual internet speed. Not sure if the cap at 1Gbps is intentional.

• RogueChivalry

Found something interesting with the router. The speedtest dashboard does not connect directly with the router. Rather the device that loads the interface for the router.

Only when running two simultaneous tests was I able to saturate the WAN port at the rated speed my modem provides. Second screenshot part circled in red ~1800000Kbps or ~1.8Gbps.

In other words the speedtest would not get the correct bandwidth for the QOS feature either.

Router is still at firmware version: W6_1.30.308516.

• RogueChivalry

I have good news!

There is a new QoS option in the firmware update I downloaded today that would be beneficial to users with internet connections greater than 1gig.

Firmware: W6_1.42.319315

They now have an option called "Max Throughput" for QoS.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    edited July 2023

Good to know!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.