Acer Aspire C24 external cd/dvd drive with it but there is no driver installed on the machine.

Options
Tulawestie
Tulawestie Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2023 in All-In-One PCs

I have recently purchased an Acer Aspire C24 all in one desktop and wish to use an external cd/dvd drive with it, but there is no cd/dvd driver installed on the machine. Can this be purchased/added?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

There should be no need. Drivers are part of Windows. If you open Device Manager and watch when you plug the external drive in, it should just appear.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

There should be no need. Drivers are part of Windows. If you open Device Manager and watch when you plug the external drive in, it should just appear.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Tulawestie
    Tulawestie Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I followed your instructions, to no avail, then inserted the driver into a laptop, which didn't detect it either. Clearly a faulty driver. I wouldn't have discovered this without your advice. Many thanks.

• billsey
    Options

Well that makes perfect sense then! :)