what case will best fit an acer nitro 50-610 with a 3070 ti

qexs
qexs Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello, I recently bought an ASUS TUF 3070 Ti from Best Buy, and it does not fit inside the case.

Is there any case that would fit the 3070 Ti and the motherboard of my Acer Nitro 50-610?

I know the motherboard isn't normal and probably won't work with any normal case.

Is there anything I should be worried about when doing this?

My Acer Nitro 50-610 is the GTX 1650 version, and I just want to know if I could find a case that would fit everything without a hard install because this would be my first time doing something of this level to my PC.

I spent 800$ on the GPU and cannot return it due to it being a 4-hour drive back and forth.

If anyone could help, that would be great.!

if needing pictures or anything just ask

Answers

• papayatek
    papayatek Member Posts: 68 Devotee WiFi Icon

Your 50-610 will fit any ATX case. 50-610 is very similar to the 50-640, I did a case swap here:

-with the system fans installed, You'll have around 35cm space for the GPU. Here's a pic of mine with the Acer(I think it's Manli brand) 3060, there's still plenty of space.

• qexs

Tinkerer

• papayatek
    edited May 2023

if you're using the original Acer PSU then find the shorter micro ATX case, because Acer PSU cables are short. If you're upgrading your PSU you can use taller mid tower ATX cases. Each case will tell you the max length GPU it can hold. How long is your 3070 ti? I used this case:

https://www.deepcool.com/products/Cases/fulltowercases/Macube-110-Micro-ATX-Case/2021/4670.shtml

• qexs

Tinkerer

I plan on buying a 750W psu due to the OG Acer one being only 500W and the 3070 Ti I have needing 750W.

The GPU is about 300mm long, or 30 cm, from what I've seen online.

I'm not even sure the motherboard will support this GPU, but I'm praying it will.

• qexs

Tinkerer

also what 750w psu would you recommend, not trying to break the bank.

• papayatek

can't help you there, I used the acer psu when I did my case swap. Acer motherboards sometimes don't use standard plugs, so if you upgrade your PSU you might have to find adapters.

• qexs

Tinkerer

Well, I’m mostly looking for stuff that will 100% work with what I have currently. 

If you could send links to stuff in a list, that would be amazing, and about my GPU, would it fit and would my OG-aced motherboard support it? I might already have a PSI picked out for it as well. But I don’t know what I would really need, so recommendations are a must. (Cables, cases, fans, etc.) Anything really.

• papayatek

-You can test your 3070ti if it will work with the Acer motherboard and PSU. Take everything out of the Acer case and then plug everything back in and test it outside the Acer case. JUST MAKE SURE there's no possible static electricity that will ruin your PC, so don't work on your PC on carpets or let your pet cat/dog near. Work on wood or something, and/or get an anti static wrist strap.

-Acer Motherboards will fit any ATX case (which is vast majority of cases). You just have to decide between a micro ATX or mid tower ATX case. If you're keeping the original Acer PSU, then you'll have to get a micro ATX case because Acer PSU have short cables. Basically the difference between micro ATX and mid tower ATX case is that micro ATX case has 4 PCI slots and mid tower have ~6 PCI slots. The Acer case only has 3 PCI slots.

- Take a pic of your N50-610 motherboard, lets see what plugs it uses for the motherboard and CPU.

• qexs

Tinkerer

I don’t know if this is a good picture or not but here as you asked

• papayatek

This is the N50-610 motherboard:

-changing the PSU will be tricky, the motherboard plug is not standard 24 pin, but uses 6 pin. I can't help you, maybe someone else can help you.