AN517-52. Problems with WASD and Space Keys in games - Please Help!

Modhar
Modhar Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited May 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hy Everyone

I Have a Acer Nitro AN517-52. My keyboard aways work fine in games like World of Warcraft and Neverwinter Online, but about a week ago that changed.

The problem is that now I have to hold down CTRL key to move while using the WASD keys. I shouldn't have to do this.

I've tried an external keyboard and that doesn't work either. Basically to move in games I have to hold down the CTRL key to move. This includes all controls for moving and jumping (space key).

I tried to update de system, recover system, update drives, but nothing works. Could someone help, please?

[Edited the content to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer

Tap F2 on startup to enter the BIOS menu. Check that function key behavior option is set to media key in BIOS Main tab. Then press F10 to save settings and exit.

Jack E/NJ

• Modhar

Tinkerer

Thank you for the answer, JackE, but it didn't works. I've tried this and lot of other options, keybord layout, languages, keyboard reset. I've made a huge search over the internet, but didn't find any solution yet.

• JackE

Did this happen suddenly for no apparent reason?

Jack E/NJ

• Modhar

Tinkerer

Yes. I didn´t install any app or app update or system update, just happens. And this is not a fisical problem, i've tried a USB keyboard and the same problem persist, I believe it's a system problem. I'm thinking of reinstalling Windows.

• When you connect an external keyboard, do you have to keep pressing the CTRL key to move using the wasd keys?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Modhar

Tinkerer

Hi egydiocoelho, yes. It happens at both situations: at the Notebook keyboard and the external USB keyboard. I've turned off Filter Keys, run keyboard troubleshooter, reinstalled keyboard drivers…. nothing worked yet.

• JackE

Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see and automatic restore point with a date stamp about when this problem started?

Jack E/NJ

• Modhar

Tinkerer

I tried that too, did the recovery, but that didn't work either.

• JackE

This is likely a BIOS level change.

Were any changes or updates made to either the Acer NitroSense, CareCenter or QuickAccess apps around the time this happened? Also was the original factory-installed BIOS version changed?

Jack E/NJ

• Modhar

Tinkerer

Not that I know. I've never accessed the Bios before, and I haven't made any changes to any of these apps.

• JackE

I haven't made any changes to any of these apps.

Yes, but these Acer apps interact with the BIOS firmware. Does this mean that you have never opened, used or otherwise made any changes to performance and other BIOS level hardware options in the NitroSense application?

Jack E/NJ

• Maybe it's some geforce experience or xbox related setting?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Modhar

Tinkerer

I used the Nitrosense program just to keep the backlight aways on.

• Modhar

Tinkerer

Oi Egydio. Eu costumava usar o GeForce Experience, mas desinstalei e agora mantenho apenas o driver de video atualizado, não uso mais o programa, e não uso o aplicativo da Xbox, uso mais os jogos da Blizzard pelo aplicaticativo Battlenet e jogos da Steam.

• Have you tried to reinstall windows?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE

Have you tried to reinstall windows?

Do you mean factory reset?

Jack E/NJ