Swift SF314-56-56Q8 support displayport over USB?

ColinSmith123
ColinSmith123 Member Posts: 2 New User

Does the Swift 3, SF314-56-56Q8 support displayport over USB?. The graphic next to the port does not include the display port sysmbol, depsite it being USB C 3.1.

Best Answer

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,247 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi @ColinSmith123 that model does not support DP on the USB-C port. I leave the references of the community about this question, anyway, please wait for more answers:

Thank you.
    All the best.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• ColinSmith123
    ColinSmith123 Member Posts: 2 New User

Seems like a design oversight to not "future proof" this series. The Intel 620 GPU supports 4k @60hz. The Type C v3.1 port suppports the bandwidth. But Acer chose not to build in the required Display Port or Thunderbolt functionaitly. I do understand… this is a budget laptop.

I guess I am limited to 1440. It is not the end of the world for business apps.

Thanks for the quick response.

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,247 Trailblazer

You're welcome friend, sorry for the inconvenience.
    In the first of the references that I put, they give alternatives, look at them to see if any of them can be worth it and it is interesting, although they have disadvantages compared to a native DP.

All the best.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)