SF314-511 screen or GPU damage I need to replace this damaged laptop

Hardliner
Hardliner Member Posts: 4 New User
edited May 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here it is.

I've noticed this screen damage from day one but thought it's a driver question so I updated the GPU driver and the pixel apprearance shows every here and there. Spercially while using VLC. Anyone else facing this?

I need to replace this damaged laptop asap since it's for professional usage.

Thanks for your help.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,222 Trailblazer

Did you try to connect any external monitor? If that monitor is working OK it is probably a pinched/damaged cable to your screen or a loose connection. If both screens show the same problem, uninstall GPU drivers with DDU in Safe Mode and reboot.

• Hardliner
    edited May 2023

No, I didn't try to connect any external monitor to my laptop. I forgot to mention that I also get random black screens for a couple of seconds. I'm a bit scared using DDU to uninstall the GPU driver since its a bit heavy doing this on a BRAND NEW laptop.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,222 Trailblazer

I recommend send/bringing your laptop to Acer Services in your country to check the panel.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

It doesn't matter if the root cause is a cable issue or a GPU issue, Acer will fix it for you under warranty. Go ahead and open a ticket with Acer support.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hardliner

So I received an email from Acer's Customer "care service"….! I'am asked to send the Laptop for reparation. Why do they want to repair an obvious damaged GPU/ screen/ motherboard ?? I regrette buying Acer devices already ! Why do they want to "repair" a BRAND NEW Laptop? Worst "service" ever, rude operators, unprofessional "techniciens". I refuse a reparation attemts which could causing even a damage serie.

All I wanted is a paying for a BRAND NEW UNTOUCHED PC without any damage or reparation.

• Does this problem also appear in the bios or when you connect an external monitor? How many days ago did you buy the laptop?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Hardliner

I didn't try to connect an external monitor. This black screen and pixeled horizontal lines are random and not based on any software. It appears random and freezes the whole PC and keyboard. It's not youtube or VLC. And yes I'm certain it could also happen in BIOS.

The laptop is not even 2 month old.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

Typically the only way to have a PC swapped for a new one is from the vendor, during their return period. If you are still in that period then that is your best option, since it is so quick. Warranty repairs are always that, repairs. If the GPU has failed then they will likely replace the motherboard. If it's the eDP cable then they will replace the cable instead of the motherboard. They can't tell what the issue might be until they have the unit in hand for diagnostics.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.