Upgrading the RAM and the GPU but can't seem to find any information online Acer Aspire TC-1660

JudyHuggett
JudyHuggett Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi, I purchased the Acer Aspire TC-1660 and wish to upgrade the RAM and the GPU but can't seem to find any information online. Is there a QVL listing compatible RAM upgrades available? Also does the graphics card have to be Low Profile or will a full size GPU fit onto the motherboard? I don't know if anyone else has an issue with the stock CPU cooler being very loud but I would like to buy a decent high end CPU cooler.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,244 Trailblazer

Hi @JudyHuggett while waiting for more answers that can help your query, this is the information related to the memory modules and ssd drives of the manufacturer Crucial:

Thank you.
    All the best.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• JudyHuggett

Tinkerer

Thanks Alejandro_AC

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,244 Trailblazer

You are welcome.

All the best.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

For others, especially those who don't want Crucial to offer the most expensive option*, here is the memory spec:

You don't want to use memory flagged as XMP compatible, that will have a much slower basic speed. You can, however, use 3200MHz memory modules, though they will run at the 2933MHz speed of the chipset.

*Although Crucial will show their memory that will work correctly, you have to scroll down a bunch in order to find the cost effective versions. They would much rather sell you an expensive option that is more than what is needed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JudyHuggett

Tinkerer

Thanks guys 😄