Acer Swift X SFX14-41G R5 5500U GTX1650 It randomly restarts on me in the middle of use

Madtrack
Madtrack Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Yeah, the Laptop has multiple issues running the latest publicly available version of Windows 11. It randomly restarts on me in the middle of use, independent of resource usage or temperature. This is an issue on my mate's laptop too. It randomly restarts, connected to AC Power, DC Battery and DC USB C IN at 20V. Can we get a firmware or motherboard fix? This has been happening consistently for the better part of the year and it is not an isolated issue. I am yet to open it up and the battery has done less than 300 cycles. It shouldn't even matter if running off of AC Power.

It also does this with my mate's laptop who has brand new clean windows 11 and uses it like a netbook. We use the original Adapter for AC and always operate it within its limits. Could someone please advise?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer

Try to do a Hard Reset by taking the back cover off and then taking the main battery out and disconnecting the RTC/BIOS battery and straight after use a paper clip to short the +&- motherboard bios battery plug, as that will reset the CMOS, as this resets the Super IO chip also that is a chip that is programed to configure allot of the laptops commands including restarts. Also, have you reinstalled Win-11 as a clean install, and installed all the AMD and NVidia GTX1650 software version 531.79 for Win -11 and make sure that all Win-11 Updates are done also. and also make sure that the last bios Version1.07 is installed, do all these things and let us know if this will fix your laptop.

Main Battery

RTC Battery

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,203 Trailblazer

Reset your laptop without losing data, plug-in the power adapter and type RESET in the Search bar and click on Reset:

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,400 Trailblazer

Hi @Madtrack the reboots may be caused by bad drivers, it's not a battery or windows problem as your computer is compatible with windows 11.
    Do you have a driver installed that has not been provided by Acer and that is downloaded directly from the device manufacturer's website?

Thank you.
    A cordial greeting.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)