Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 screen problem is it a display or flex cable problem?

Hodak
Hodak Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited May 2023 in Nitro Gaming
Hi, as soon as I lost the warranty,
black stripes started to appear from the bottom and it slowly moved to the third, where it stayed like that.
If the display shows only white, everything is fine, but if I have something black, it's a problem, the BIOS too.
I saw people have these problems too.

I think they are defective pieces. If anyone is reading this, I don't recommend him to buy Acer, he will have problems later!
So, is it a display or flex cable problem? Thanks.
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,649 Trailblazer

In Windows 11 navigate to Display settings>Display resolution and change to recommended setting. Then click on Advanced display and select 60.01 Hz.

Maybe something got pinched under the bezel, bring the laptop back to the retailer.

• Hodak

Tinkerer

edited May 2023
    Thanks for the answer, I only have 120hz and 48hz. At 120hz, half of the screen is black, but at 48hz, at least the image flickers.

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,649 Trailblazer

I suggest that you uninstall the NVIDIA display driver in Safe Mode. Download DDU from Wagnardsoft for your Windows version: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu- and boot in Safe Mode (Shift+Restart). Run DDU and select Uninstall GPU (DDU will detect NVIDIA and if you have Intel UHD drivers select that too). After all display drivers have been deleted (including the desktop consoles) reboot and let Windows install the drivers. Sometimes it takes a while, be patient, if your Windows version is installed properly and fully updated it will reinstall the display drivers.

• Hodak

Tinkerer

it's not a software problem, it's a hardware problem.

• Hodak

Tinkerer

if I move the display nothing happens, so I'm not sure if it's the display or the flex cable problem.

• Hodak

Tinkerer

But I think as long as the screen isn't broken or has burnt pixels it should be fine.

• Does the image display correctly on an external monitor?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Hodak

Tinkerer

edited June 2023

Yes, it's fine on an external display, so is it the flex cable or the display problem?

• Hodak

Tinkerer

Welcome to the club. It would be good to create a youtube video or idk about this problem so that people don't lose money and waste their time unnecessarily.

• Hodak

Tinkerer

lol, i tried this video and it works!
    just create the new hz profile, people write that it will stop working again over time and you will have to switch to 110hz...
    so I found the answer myself, it's a display problem.

• Glad you were able to resolve the issue. However, I advise caution when using the CRU program.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer