extensa ex215-23 Wifi not working in linux

Options
Noywrit2008
Noywrit2008 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2023 in TravelMate and Extensa

Hi I have purchased a new laptop extensa which has mediatek mt7902 which is not detcted by ubuntu or debian or kali linux i have seached a result in this community and found that a person has told it to upgrade it to intel module so can anyone please tell the model of the intel wifi module and how to buy it.I am form India, West bengal current os installed is ubuntu 22.04

laptop model extensa ex215-23 amd ryzen 5

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

It looks like the various Linux distributions haven't ported the reference designs for the Mediatek MT7902 chips over. You can however just replace the board with a different, supported one. It's an M.2 2230 card and there are lots of them to choose from.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Noywrit2008
    Noywrit2008 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Ok can you suggest any one card by giving the link i am from India so it woild be better if you send me a indian purchase link

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options

well it would depend on the kernel modules your distro is using, and what do you want to use the card for? With kali are you wanting AP or just client mode?

Your best bet is look up one which is supported by the modules you have in your kernel, and what featuers you want

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

I'd guess one of the Intel cards, such as the AX200 or AX210 should be fully supported in the kernel.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options

should be ish, Kali doesnt ship with quite a few of the off the shelf modules so its always worth asking :D