Acer Aspire 5 A515-57-59VS Graphics Card Update

fewitz
fewitz Member Posts: 24 Networker
edited May 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hi,
I get this warning when I try to update my graphics card.

Acer Aspire 5 A515-57-59VS

Intel Core i5-1235u

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,085 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

I would suggest you download and install graphics drivers from Acer driver support link, the drivers are tailored to suit your laptop model.

https://www.acer.com/gb-en/support?search=Aspire%20A515-57&filter=global_download

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,362 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi @fewitz drivers, especially on laptops, are created on demand exclusively for the laptop model.
    The manufacturer of the laptop, Acer in this case (it happens the same in all brands) entrusts it to Intel.

Why is this happening?

Because it is the way to ensure optimal performance of the device in the laptop, it is a driver that takes 100% advantage of the resources and technical characteristics of the rest of the components that depend on it.
    To do this, Acer must provide internal data from its equipment that is confidential.

The Intel versions that appear on its website are for generic use, in some cases they can be installed, in others not and it will warn you that you need to use the driver provided by Acer, as has happened in your case.

Intel drivers are not always the most suitable for the equipment and you should always give priority to those provided by Acer.

The fact that an Acer version is lower than an Intel version is not a problem, on the contrary, it indicates that it does not need any improvement at the moment, when this happens, Acer will release a new version and Windows will notify you, although you can visit the Acer download page for the latest updates.

Thank you for participating in the Acer community.
    A cordial greeting.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,085 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

I would suggest you download and install graphics drivers from Acer driver support link, the drivers are tailored to suit your laptop model.

https://www.acer.com/gb-en/support?search=Aspire%20A515-57&filter=global_download

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,362 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi @fewitz drivers, especially on laptops, are created on demand exclusively for the laptop model.
    The manufacturer of the laptop, Acer in this case (it happens the same in all brands) entrusts it to Intel.

Why is this happening?

Because it is the way to ensure optimal performance of the device in the laptop, it is a driver that takes 100% advantage of the resources and technical characteristics of the rest of the components that depend on it.
    To do this, Acer must provide internal data from its equipment that is confidential.

The Intel versions that appear on its website are for generic use, in some cases they can be installed, in others not and it will warn you that you need to use the driver provided by Acer, as has happened in your case.

Intel drivers are not always the most suitable for the equipment and you should always give priority to those provided by Acer.

The fact that an Acer version is lower than an Intel version is not a problem, on the contrary, it indicates that it does not need any improvement at the moment, when this happens, Acer will release a new version and Windows will notify you, although you can visit the Acer download page for the latest updates.

Thank you for participating in the Acer community.
    A cordial greeting.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)