Can my Acer nitro 5 AN515-55 use 27" Acer Nitro VG270Ubmiipx monitor?

Options
Matoros
Matoros Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

i recently bought viewsonic omni vx2718-2kpc-mhd and while my laptop could detect it, even play audio on it, it was stuck on black screen, no matter what i did. So i'm thinking of getting alternative to that, hence the title. Not gonna buy something that aint working again. Thanks for help in advance!

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your Nitro laptop has an HDMI 2.1 port and this is what specs call for on that:

I was surprised to not see the 1440P modes in there. The VG270U models are all also 1440P so there's a chance you will run into the same issue with them. It's weird that the GPU on your Nitro isn't shown with 1440P modes for the output…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your Nitro laptop has an HDMI 2.1 port and this is what specs call for on that:

I was surprised to not see the 1440P modes in there. The VG270U models are all also 1440P so there's a chance you will run into the same issue with them. It's weird that the GPU on your Nitro isn't shown with 1440P modes for the output…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Matoros
    Matoros Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks for reply! I'll look around for supported resolution.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023
    Options

The ViewSonic OMNI VX2718-2KPC monitor should work 100% and perfectly with your AN515-55, as the monitor is a 27” 2K refresher rate 165Hz and has QHD 1440p resolution. If your AN515-55 has the 144Hz refresher rate screen, that screen will work at 1920 x 1080 resolution at max 144Hz Refresh Rate as this can't output 165Hz refresher rate, this laptop also has a laptop has a HDMI 2.1(12G) port, you need to connect this monitor directly to the laptops HDMI port with the provided cable or if you want multi monitors you need to use a multi HDMI hub connected to the HDMI port with a HDMI cable.

Connect the ViewSonic OMNI VX2718-2KPC monitor with a HDMI cable like its shown in this monitors manual below, as you cant connect this monitor with a DP as the AN515-55 has NO DP port, and use the 1920 x 1080 at 14Hz refresher rate resolution, as this monitor should work 100%, if it doesn't then the monitor is faulty.