acer p215 52g Laptop not turning on after i exit bios

Hassan369
Hassan369 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited May 2023 in TravelMate and Extensa

I am facing same problem for acer p215 52g , i didnt even changed anything in bios , my keyboard light was not working so went to bios , it started working and after exiting bios , laptop is not turning on , even if i plug charger, the charging light doesnt turn on either , please help .

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,052 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023

Plug in the adapter and try to boot to BIOS with the F2 key while pressing the power button, In BIOS reset to factory defaults, last page and save settings on exit. Reboot and see if it will start. If the charging LED still won't come on while the adapter is plugged in, check if there is a bad contact at the DC jack or with the DC power plug, a too loose fit or a bad cable. If you can find another 45W laptop adapter that fits the DC jack try that or measure the output voltage of the adapter with a multimeter should be 19 VDC. If your laptop is till under warranty, I recommend bringing it to Acer Services in your country for repairs.

If the warranty is already expired, you can open the laptop, disconnect the battery and press the power button for 2 full minutes continuously (no toggling). Wait a while and release the catches on the DDR4 modules (RAM), take the 2 modules out and clean the contacts with a soft eraser, reseat the modules firmly in the slots and push the 2 catches down till you hear a loud click. Now locate the CMOS coin battery on the lower right side of the main battery, open the cover, take out the coin battery and put it back in, close the CMOS cover. Don't reconnect the battery yet but plug in the adapter to see if the laptop will start without a battery. If still no booting possible bring it to Acer Services.

• Turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the reset button for 10 seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Hassan369

Tried resetting the battery , didnt work, also i cant go to bios because the laptop doesnt turn on

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

If you plug the charger in and the light doesn't come on that is usually the fault of the charger. Do you have a different charger to test with?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hassan369

Yup i tried with different charger, the charger is giving voltage

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,052 Trailblazer

Bring/send the laptop to Acer Services in your country for checking.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

If the charge status light doesn't come on with two different chargers that both meet charging spec then likely the issue is in the charging circuit on the motherboard, which likely does require a trip to the service center. Note that your TravelMate P215-52G uses a 65W charger but can also be charged by a 65W USB-C charger that provides that 65W as 20V@3.25A. If the issue in the charging circuit is in the portion between the input jack and the motherboard, trying a USB-C charger might get you working again for your immediate needs.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.