Hello can someone help me??ASPIRE-A314-32 my laptop stuck on a logo.

Jomar247
Jomar247 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2023 in Aspire Laptops

my laptop stuck on a logo tianocore. Please help me to fix this please need help im using this laptop daily for my school

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,123 Trailblazer

That is Intel's UEFI/BIOS that I have no experience with😗

This is the BIOS that you should have: 2020/10/20, Version:1.24, Vendor: Acer, it is possible that you downloaded your BIOS from Intel or that Windows10 updated with a wrong BIOS.

You can flash the correct Acer BIOS with a USB flash drive:

Download Acer BIOS 1.24 here: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.24_A_A.zip?acerid=637387708274774296&Step1=&Step2=&Step3=ASPIRE%20A314-32&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=AAP_5

Create a folder and extract (unzip) the files that are inside the downloaded EXE file. Look for an extracted filename with a BIN, ROM, WPH or FD extension. Rename that file  DH5JVx64.FD It's size should be roughly 9MB. Copy that file onto a FAT32 formatted USB2.0 flash drive. It must be the only file on the flash drive. Then insert the USB drive in one of the two USB2.0 ports. Turn the laptop completely off. Then press and hold the FN + ESC keys. Plug in the charger. Then turn the machine on. Don't let go of the FN+ESC keys until you see LED activity on the pendrive. If it fails, try the other USB2.0 port. If successful, the machine will automatically shut off or reboot itself. Sometimes it takes more than 10 minutes to react, just wait.

If that fails the only way out is to bring your laptop to Acer Services in your country to reprogram the EEPROM, a small service fee will be charged. ($25).

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,616 Trailblazer

How did you get "TinoCore" as TinoCore just doesn't appear out of nowhere!😁 TianoCore is an open source implementation of UEFI, the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface. UEFI (formerly EFI) is intended to replace the traditional PC BIOS. TianoCore as in implementation cannot do that, as it lacks the code to do hardware initialization.

The easiest way is to reprogram the bios chip, take your laptop to a technitian that has the experience and reprograms bios chips, its an easy thing to do but you need the tools to do it, or change the bios chip to a new chip with the last bios Version 1.24!

You can try to recover the bios with the Crisis Disk Recovery process, see this guide from the A314-32 laptop SG, but "I take No responsibility if you BRICK your laptop in trying to recover the bios as the TinoCore should never evre be done on a laptop by someone that cant recover the oem bios!

• JetJungle
    JetJungle Member Posts: 4 New User

I have an Acer N20H1 Chrome book that had the same issue with the TianoCore loop. I replaced the daughterboard that has the power button on it, with another daughterboard and that fixed the issue.

Here are a few reasons why replacing the power daughterboard might have fixed the problem:

1. Power Distribution: The daughterboard ensures that power is correctly distributed to all components. A malfunctioning board could disrupt this, leading to boot issues.
    2. Connection Stability: It provides stable connections between the power supply and the motherboard. Any faults here could cause intermittent power issues.
    3. Component Health: Over time, components on the daughterboard can degrade or fail, leading to various hardware issues