I have updated my BIOS but am unsure which driver update I need for my MF77OMB

Options
TechNerd
TechNerd Member Posts: 98 Troubleshooter
edited June 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hi there,

I have managed to update my BIOS (firmware) but am unsure which driver update I need for my other two highlighted broken drivers. I managed to nagivate to the PCI options and as my system has an Intel Celeron processor got to the options, but which is it and are they all for my Windows 64 system?

Also is the System DMA Controller easy to update?

TIA🙂

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

I don't find any references to an Acer MF77OMB model. It's obviously an older model since is seem to have the old HD graphics chipset. It might be old enough that Acer doesn't have drivers online for it any longer, but we'll need to know the actual model number to find out… For the graphics I'd give the newest one listed (vintage 2020) a try. The DMA controller is likely in a chipset driver package.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TechNerd
    Options

Actually my laptop for which I need to update the PCI Device Drivers is an Acer Aspire ES1-512 manufactured in 2015. Which driver would contain the chipset driver package for the DMA controller?

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,419 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @TechNerd with the permission of @billsey please look at the following link:

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• TechNerd
    Options

Actually I tried that first but couldn't find drivers for except for Firmware, the others for PCI drivers and DMA controller drivers were not there.

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Download and install the chipset driver as suggested by billsey.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

X (Twitter)

• TechNerd
    Options

Didn't you read my post? I said I went to that Acer driver list first and couldn't find any for PCI drivers or DMA Controller driver downloads. Perhaps my laptop is too old, in fact I rang Acer and the CS agent told me that all they advise is the drivers on their website and couldn't help me with my laptop driver problems as it is too old. I don't see the need to keep buying new computers when there is nothing wrong with the one I am using, the hardware is sound, it is just the software updates I am having problems with. I am all for preserving the planet and not throwing stuff away that is perfectly good.

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Those drivers may be incorporated into the chipset, hence the suggestion to install and see what happens.

X (Twitter)

• TechNerd
    Options

What chipset, as I say I went to that link in the website and there was nothing there to suggest PCI or DMA driver updates. That link takes you to the general manuals and driver updates for my model but nothing specific there as I say to refer to PCI or DMA driver updates. I already had the latest firmware update from there.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you provide the IDHARDWARE of these devices?

Example:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TechNerd
    edited June 2023
    Options

Sorry I don't understand this answer 😟 Also I can't read the reproduced image text, it is too small. If any help I do have the serial no. of my laptop which is XXXX.

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• billsey
    Options

The drivers are listed on Acer support site as "Chipset Driver" and "VGA Driver".

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TechNerd
    Options

Updated the Chipset Driver but when I tried to update the VGA Driver, a note popped up and said the update would replace a more recent update so I left it. How can I check the details of the VGA Driver are up to date myself on my computer now I have the date of the update on the Acer site just to make sure?

• billsey
    Options

You should be able to look at the driver version number using Device Manager to bring up Properties on the hardware.

• TechNerd
    Options

I did look at the driver version no. for the drivers and I had the latest version already on my computer for Intel Graphics, although I couldn't find VGA drivers specifically in my Device Manager list, it was dated the 17/8/2015. As for the ones highlighted yellow, there are no date details or any other details in "Properties".

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Why don't you provide us with the IDHARDWARE of these drivers?

Right click on the problem driver, properties, details and select IDHARDWARE.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TechNerd
    Options
  • billsey
    Options

The VEN_8086 says the device is Intel hardware, the DEV_0F41 says it's an I2C controller, the SUBSYS_0936 gets down the actual specific I2C controller. Those drivers are included in the chipset drivers package.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TechNerd
    Options

That driver is for a 32 bit system, mine is 64 bit, so obviously isn't compatible.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

I suggest you download driverbooster to verify that the program finds the correct drivers.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer