Acer Iconia A700 tablet (2012 model) - Bluetooth feature not working

Bob182613
Bob182613 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Does the Acer Iconia A700 tablet (2012 model) - Bluetooth feature allow file transfers? Or does the Bluetooth only work with A2DP headsets and not for file transfers?

I am able to pair another Android Bluetooth 4.0 tablet to this Iconia A700 tablet, but when I try to transfer a file from that Bluetooth 4.0 tablet to this A700 tablet, it says: "Incoming file from another device. Confirm you want to receive the file" but there is no button to click to "accept" the file transfer.

Does anyone know how to accept Bluetooth file transfers on the A700? Or does this tablet's Bluetooth feature not work for transferring files?

Thank you

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,430 Trailblazer

Yes, it should support in or out BT file transfers. If you haven't done so already, go to this link to download the user manuals The accept feature might be hidden if certain other apps are running at the same time.

Jack E/NJ

• Bob182613

Tinkerer

Thanks, there is no other apps running while I try to do the Bluetooth file transfers.

All it shows is: "Incoming file from another device. Confirm you want to receive the file" but there is no button or popup message to be able to "accept" the file transfer

Is there a way to turn on the accept feature?

• JackE
    edited May 2023

Can you swipe the screen up or down or sideways when the incoming message appears?

Jack E/NJ

• JackE

Yes nothing happens when I do.

Do you mean the touchscreen doesn't work anymore?

Jack E/NJ

• Bob182613

Tinkerer

The touchscreen on tablet works fine, but it does nothing if I swipe up, down or left or right when the message saying "Incoming file from another device. Confirm you want to receive the file" pops up. So how can I accept/confirm to recieve the file, if there is no button to click?

You also said that the accept feature might be hidden if certain other apps are running at the same time, but there are no other apps running when I try to do the Bluetooth file transfer. So how can I turn on the accept feature?

• JackE

You shouldn't have to turn it on. The button simply isn't displaying. This suggests either an operating system corruption or more likely a bug. Go to this link, try to reload one the 2012 operating system upgrade images for your particular A700 submodel.

Jack E/NJ

• Bob182613

Tinkerer

The manual says "only A2DP stereo headsets (playback only, no microphone) are supported" in the Bluetooth section. So does this mean that file transfers by Bluetooth doesn't work? Or is this a mistake in the manual?

You gave this link in previous post for the manual: htps://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=A700&filter=global_download&suggest=a700;0

• JackE

Did you check the OS upgrade process at this link yet?

Jack E/NJ

• Bob182613

Tinkerer

"Not fully implemented or limited on this tablet model"

What do you mean by that? That certain A700 models don't support bluetooth file transfer? Is there a way to turn it on? Is there a list I can see of the A700 tablet models that don't support bluetooth file transfers?

Thank you

• JackE

Try one of the OS upgrades at this link as suggested earlier if you haven't done so already. Especially if mfg or purchase date was before Nov 2012.

Jack E/NJ