HDD/SSD on acer aspire z22-780 what form factors of storage drives are supported.

Mikdor
Mikdor Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2023 in All-In-One PCs

Hello, can you please advise what form factors of storage drives are supported by Acer Aspire Z22-780? As far as I understand, it supports 2.5" HDD and SATA SSD (M.2 SSD is not supported), is that correct?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

The Aspire Z22-780 AIOs HDD interface is the SATA III and you can fit either a 2.5" mechanical HDD or a 2.5"SSD type drive to speed up this AIO red/write performance, fit the latest 2.5" Samsung EVO type SSD drive as they are the best, most reliable and will last you a long time. This AIO does not cater for M.2 SD drives. You can also upgrade this AIOs ram to 32GB max total at 2x 16GB modules (see captions below for suitable ram) as fitting an SSD drive and 32GB at 2x 16GB modules will make this AIO run in dual channel ram (that is allot quicker and best for general usage and gaming) at its fastest type ram the DDR4-2400Mhz speed, all these upgrades will make your AIO perform 200% faster and at its peak performance.

Answers

• StevenGen
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

The Aspire Z22-780 AIOs HDD interface is the SATA III and you can fit either a 2.5" mechanical HDD or a 2.5"SSD type drive to speed up this AIO red/write performance, fit the latest 2.5" Samsung EVO type SSD drive as they are the best, most reliable and will last you a long time. This AIO does not cater for M.2 SD drives. You can also upgrade this AIOs ram to 32GB max total at 2x 16GB modules (see captions below for suitable ram) as fitting an SSD drive and 32GB at 2x 16GB modules will make this AIO run in dual channel ram (that is allot quicker and best for general usage and gaming) at its fastest type ram the DDR4-2400Mhz speed, all these upgrades will make your AIO perform 200% faster and at its peak performance.

• StevenGen

Here is some more info for you, of how to populate the 2x DIMM slots allocation of ram modules chart for the Z22-780 AIO: of this AIO:

• You can also install a m2 2280 sata 3 ssd:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)