acer aspire 3 a314-35 can i put an ssd drive in my laptop

Options
kyahdon
kyahdon Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2023 in Windows 10

can i put an ssd drive in my laptop even though it has a m.2 ssd? when possible, what brand can be put?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,264 Trailblazer
    Options

If you have the mechanical 1TB 2.5" HDD installed, you can replace the HDD for a Samsung 2.5" 1TB 850 or 870 EVO SATA V_NAND SSD. If that HDD space is left empty, you will need a bracket, cable and screws (Sata SSD upgrade kit). Samsung's EVO 870 SATA are up to 4TB but I am not sure if your MOBO will support that.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Your Aspire A314-35 supports one M.2 SSD and one 2.5" HDD or SSD. If your specific model came with a HDD installed in addition to the SSD in the M.2 slot then you would need to pull that out in order to put a SSD in it's place. If it came with only the M.2 SSD then there might have been a cable, bracket and screws included in the box to install a 2.5" drive. If they weren't included or you have misplaced them, the cable is Acer part number 50.HVVN7.001, the bracket is 33.HVVN7.001 and the screws are 4 each of M2x2.8 and M3x3.5. Likely M2x3.0 will work for the first, 0.2mm isn't a lot of difference.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.