How to make Acer Nitro XZ342CK work with16:9 inputs.

Options
boob
boob Member Posts: 1 New User

I have always struggled trying to get my Nintendo Switch to work with my Acer Nitro XZ342CK. It always stretched the input like this post here demonstrates https://linustechtips.com/topic/1388094-acer-nitro-xz342ck-console-scaling-issue/ . I recently got really annoyed with this, as I wanted to be able to play this in regular 16:9 but this monitor has NO 16:9 option (which is incredibly stupid). As I am not good with technology, my solution to this is not very elegant but it will get the job done. Unfortunately the way I went about doing this means you have to get a video capture card and run your input through a computer (I got a 1080p 60hz video capture card which costed $17.09). Here are my steps.

Step 1. Buy a video capture card and plug it into your computer.

Step 2. Download and install OBS or some other alternative (there is probably a way better and lower latency alternative but I don't know of one).

Step 3. In OBS go to File → Settings, this is where I adjusted my outputs bitrate (do not know if that does anything). I then adjusted my video settings and changed it 1080p 60hz.

Step 4. Click the plus in the sources box and add your source.

Step 5. Right click the source video/image preview you see and navigate down to "Fullscreen Projector (Preview)" → Then click "XZ342CK".

That Should be it. I am aware this is probably insanely stupid solution but at least on my monitor I had no option to make my 16:9 inputs work without being stretched.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options

Good to know :) , does the monitor not have the full picture mode in the osd :o?