Bluetooth problems When I troubleshoot it says that I don't have Bluetooth capability.

LeoLady
LeoLady Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2023 in Aspire Laptops

My Bluetooth randomly disappears. When I troubleshoot it says that I don't have Bluetooth capability. When I try to reload the drivers it says it can't because Inffiles are missing. Help! I hate the mouse pad.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,847 Trailblazer

Uninstall the BT adapter in Bluetooth with Device Manager, preferably in Safe Mode, reboot and let Windows reinstall the best driver. Not sure I understand what touchpad has to do with BT?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer

What is your laptops exact model number? As that is important, when reinstalling any driver and you get the faults that you are getting, its because your Wi-Fi/BT card is either faulty or your drivers are corrupted, and you need to uninstall all the previous drivers completely for the card and then reinstall both Wi-Fi and BT drivers. The only way to reload the Wi-Fi or BT drivers is through Device Manager > Bluetooth > Your BT card > Properties > Driver > Update Driver > Browse my computer for drivers > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and reinstall the last and latest driver from there.

If that driver gives you a " Inffiles are missing" then you will have to uninstall both Wi-Fi and BT drivers completely and reinstall both Wi-Fi and BT drivers from the Acer Drivers & Manuals for your laptop, as that should work 100%.

• dirtysox
    dirtysox Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello,

I have the same/similar issue as OP. My laptop is SFA16-41, Swift Edge 16. Bluetooth has stopped working twice now, and this time it is not coming back. When I run the Bluetooth troubleshooter, it says my device does not support Bluetooth.

If I go into device manager, no Bluetooth device is listed, so I cannot remove the driver for it.

I went ahead and removed the wifi device as suggested above, then re-booted. The WiFi device was detected and added back to the system. It has the latest driver version loaded. Still no Bluetooth device listed.

Do I have a hardware problem with the Bluetooth card in my laptop?

• dirtysox
    dirtysox Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Nevermind. I just ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter again, and it did… something… and started up Bluetooth, which seems to be working now.