Does anyone know where it is located on the motherboard 2nd ssd slot C27-1655 All-in-One?

Died
Died Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2023 in All-In-One PCs

If I understand correctly, my C27-1655 All-in-One has 2 slots for an SSD. https://www.acer.com/gb-en/support?search=DQBGFEH00C14800BB36B01;DQ.BGFEH.00C;C27-1655&filter=productdetails

Now I would like to add an SSD, but I cannot find the second slot. Does anyone know where it is located on the motherboard

Encircled is the 1st ssd-slot

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

?

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

The C27-1655 AIO specs that you show above at "IO expansions - Number of M.2 Interfaces - 2" does not mean that there is 2x M.2 SSD 2280 (22mm wide 80mm long) storage drives provisions, as what that means is that the C27-1655 has 2x M.2 slots but one of the M.2 slots is for an M.2 2230 (22mm wide 30mm long) Wi-Fi/BT card. The C27-1655 has only 1x M.2 SSD PCIe3x4 Interface and a 1x SATA -3 that Acer provides a 1TB Serial ATA Interface Total Hard Drive Capacity for this AIO PC. Also I suggest that to improve the IRST EFI of this AIO PC by updating to the latest bios Version: R01-A4 that includes the fix of the version R01-A3 titled "Update new iRST EFI" but be careful as Acer warns every user that "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution" so follow the proper bios update procedures, see Acer guide before you update. .

If you want extra storage then its best to increase the 1TB Serial ATA slave drive, as the 2.5" SATA-3 drives come in spinner or SSD type drives and much higher capacities, so use that as a slave extra storage. The boot drive is best at a max of 1TB or 2TB max if you want peak storage capacity with the M.2 SSD and the SATA-3 slave drive.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,102 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

You have 2 M.2 slots, one is for M.2 SSD and the other is for WiFi card, you can upgrade your current M.2 SSD to a 1TB SSD and install a larger 2.5" HDD to expand storage.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/54143634

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

The C27-1655 AIO specs that you show above at "IO expansions - Number of M.2 Interfaces - 2" does not mean that there is 2x M.2 SSD 2280 (22mm wide 80mm long) storage drives provisions, as what that means is that the C27-1655 has 2x M.2 slots but one of the M.2 slots is for an M.2 2230 (22mm wide 30mm long) Wi-Fi/BT card. The C27-1655 has only 1x M.2 SSD PCIe3x4 Interface and a 1x SATA -3 that Acer provides a 1TB Serial ATA Interface Total Hard Drive Capacity for this AIO PC. Also I suggest that to improve the IRST EFI of this AIO PC by updating to the latest bios Version: R01-A4 that includes the fix of the version R01-A3 titled "Update new iRST EFI" but be careful as Acer warns every user that "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution" so follow the proper bios update procedures, see Acer guide before you update. .

If you want extra storage then its best to increase the 1TB Serial ATA slave drive, as the 2.5" SATA-3 drives come in spinner or SSD type drives and much higher capacities, so use that as a slave extra storage. The boot drive is best at a max of 1TB or 2TB max if you want peak storage capacity with the M.2 SSD and the SATA-3 slave drive.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,102 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

You have 2 M.2 slots, one is for M.2 SSD and the other is for WiFi card, you can upgrade your current M.2 SSD to a 1TB SSD and install a larger 2.5" HDD to expand storage.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/54143634