Why is the Black Screen but keypad works and fan working Aspire 1 A114 series

Options
Tuilexi
Tuilexi Member Posts: 2 New User

Why is the screen black but keypad works n fan working on my kids Aspire 1 A114 series

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,264 Trailblazer
    Options

Try pressing the F5/F6 keys at the top of your keyboard when this happens, the screen may come alive.

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Options

Hello!!

@Tuilexi

Remove the charger. Gently insert a paper clip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom for about 10 seconds. Then re-connect the charger and let the machine charge for about an hour or so, Then turn it back on. 

or

hold the Fn key down and hit F7. 

Lets give a try

Regards,

LunaNova14

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Which A114 model do you have? There have been a bunch of them over the years. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like A114-xxx-xxxx. We can likely give more exact suggestions if we know what we're working with.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Tuilexi
    Tuilexi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi there it's a Aspire 1 A114-33-C9TX hope this helps. I've tried the Battery rest button and f buttons still nothing 😔

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

OK, so we know power is getting to the motherboard, because the fan is running. Do you hear any beeps after turning it on, and do you see the splash screen before it goes dark? It might not be getting into POST, so not initializing the display chips, which wouldn't give you any screen. It might be the screen has failed and that's why it doesn't come on. Or it might be the cable running between the motherboard and screen has an issue. In the latter two the system will continue on and boot, you just won't be able to see anything. If that's the case then connecting an external monitor or TV to the HDMI port should allow you to see what's going on. You might have to use the Fn-F5 key to switch to the external display. If an external doesn't work then we're looking at the motherboard, either a corrupted BIOS (unlikely if the splash screen doesn't display), a battery issue (also unlikely if you are connected to power) or the motherboard itself.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.