Acer Aspire 3 A315-59G-57NU Replacement / the laptop freezes and becomes unusable.

PredatorUğurcan
PredatorUğurcan Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited May 2023 in Aspire Laptops

The Acer Aspire 3 A315-59G-57NU laptop that I purchased in February turned out to be defective. When downloading files from the Wi-Fi network, the laptop freezes and becomes unusable. Despite my repeated attempts to reinstall Windows 11 and update drivers, the problem was not resolved, and I indicated that there was a hardware issue with the Wi-Fi card and requested a replacement due to the faulty product.

The laptop was sent to the service center, but the problem still persists. (The performed action was to reinstall the Wi-Fi driver and Windows 11) I had already done this several times and stated that the problem still persisted. When I brought the laptop home, I noticed a sound coming from the hinges. I have been unable to use the laptop for 2.5 months; I purchased it for distance education. I request a replacement.

I would like a representative from Acer to assist me. I purchased the product from Turkey. I recorded the sound coming from the hinge and the Wi-Fi issue on video:

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,585 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023

This is my personal opinion, as an Acer laptop user, others may respond.

Laptop must be returned within 7 business days of the issuance and receipt of a valid RMA in order to get it replaced (Acer USA policy).

You wrote that you discovered the noisy hinge 3 months after purchase so that won't qualify for a complete laptop replacement, but Acer Services in Turkey should fix that noise. My hinge (2020, a515-54G) is also sometimes a bit noisy (friction), comes and goes, but it does not bother me at all (something to do with humidity), please don't try to lubricate the hinge it may get stuck and void your Acer warranty. Leave your lid open more and place it in sleep mode with the F1 (Zzz) key when you take long breaks.

What I suggest is try to find out what exactly the problem(s) is you are having with downloading files with WIFI (did you try a LAN cable with your Ethernet adapter?) and post issues (create a new thread) on this forum. I don't recommend that you "fresh" reinstall Windows11 (several times) as that can cause all sorts of driver issues if not properly done, in the last 4 years I never had the need to "freshly" install Windows OS or updates with ISO files, your laptop is still under Acer warranty and factory reset/install of OEM Windows by Acer Services is always recommended (superior to ISO install). Allow installing of all Windows 22H2 updates you receive (bi) monthly, create a Windows Recovery USB flash drive (to restore/recover your system instead of ISO image installing), uninstall all 3rd party AV programs, battery monitors or any bloatware/freeware that you may be running and interfere with the performance of your system. Windows11 22h2 Edge is by far the best and most secure browser and W11 Defender will block any virus or malware downloaded or transferred from devices (even files not approved by MS or not believed compatible).😉

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,821 Trailblazer

Is the place where you purchased this laptop from an Acer retailer and was the laptop brand new in its original box unopened? As Distance Education doesn’t sound like an Acer retail outlet, but an educational institution that probably used this laptop when it was new and cause some of these problems, give us more details.

With the hinge, its probably because the hinge is too tightly fastened and the two hinge surfaces are rubbing and making that noise, this is an easy fix, as hinges are made out pf metal and a drop of oil lubricant will fix this squeaking/rubbing problem and even loosening the hinge a bit will fix this. If Acer Support had your laptop then your Wi-Fi should have been fixed, so demand that Acer either changes the motherboard or changes the Wi-Fi/BT card to the other that Acer fits to this laptop like the MTK7902 or the MTK7663 cards that Acer fits to your laptop and see if they work.

What is the wireless/bluetooth card model number that is fitted in your Aspire 3 A315-59G-57NU? As this laptop has 4x different Wi-Fi/BT card model numbers listed. From my experience and if you have the Intel Wi-Fi/BT cards then always only install the Acer oem drivers for the Intel AX101 card install the version 22.200.0.6 driver or for the Intel INT9560 install the version 22.110.1.1 driver, it’s the same with the MTK cards. In my case, my Nitro 5 AN515-56s has the Intel Wi-Fi/BT cards that is very problematic with any new bluetooth drivers from Intel for Win-11 updates, as they all refuse to work at all and this card only works with the Acer oem provided BT driver, the card that I’m taking about is the Intel Killer AX1650i Wi-Fi/BT card. So be aware of all this if you have an Intel card fitted to this laptop.