Aspire Easystore D110 external hard drive help required

Options
JohnCharles
JohnCharles Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2023 in Servers & Storage

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right section of the forum, but I didn't see a section for external hard drives.

I recently unearthed an old Acer Aspire Easystore D110 external hard drive while going through some boxes in my attic, but I don't have the USB cable to connect it to a PC or the plug to connect it to an electrical outlet.

Can anyone suggest an online shop where I would be able to source these two items?

Thanks very much. 🙂

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023
    Options

You are in the right section… :) You connect it to your network using the Ethernet port on the back. It runs a really, really old Windows Home Server that requires you to use the WHS connector software to connect to each computer on your network. It uses a standard power cord.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JohnCharles
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, there isn't an ethernet port on the back.

Here's a photo of the back:

• JohnCharles
    edited May 2023
    Options

This might be helpful?

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options

OK, that does help. Apparently the D110 was different than the other Easystore offerings. As shown you need a 12V@2A power supply, likely with a 5.5mm barrel plug. The USB cable is a standard USB-B to USB-A just like a lot of printers use. I'd make a trip to a thrift store to source both. If the drive itself works they will allow you to have (I believe) 1TB of external, but slow, storage.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.