P215 Laptop Won't Start After I Change BIOS Settings How to reset BIOS when cant enter BIOS Setting?

Options
RB99
RB99 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2023 in TravelMate and Extensa

PROBLEM -
I Entered Advanced BIOS settig using Fn+Tab Key combination.
Then I enteres PCIE Configuration Setting.
By Default it was Desabled. I eabled it.
Then there were two options 1) PCIE PCH, 2) [i dont remember]
Then i choose PCIE PCH. Then Saved & Exit.

After that Laptop wont Boot.
Laptop Start But Nothing shown on screen (Black Screen) No Boot Menu Shown Nothing Shown.

Cant Enter BIOS using F2, to Reset The BIOS.
Display not even turn ON. I hear CPU Fan running Noise.
Caps Lock LED, Num Lock LED Not Working.

I dont hav any External Monitor to check if display is showing Through HDMI port.

Then i Googled it, and solution was to Reset BIOS,
by removing CMOS Battery for 10 Minutes.

Then, I opened Back panel, Removed The Main Battery, Then Removed CMOS Battery.
Kept it removed for 15 Minutes. Then Put back Main Battery first and then CMOS Bttery.

STILL PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED.
So,
HOW TO RESET BIOS WHEN CANT ENTER BIOS?
Any Other Way To Reset BIOS, (Like Win+B Key Combination?)

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options

Then, I opened Back panel, Removed The Main Battery, Then Removed CMOS Battery.
    Kept it removed for 15 Minutes. Then Put back Main Battery first and then CMOS Bttery.

Unplug the laptop, disconnect battery pack and remove the CMOS coin cell plug again. Then short the 2 motherboard CMOS pins with a screwdriver or jumper for about a minute. This should drain any residual charge on the BIOS chip and reset to default. Then button it back up and try it again.

Jack E/NJ

• RB99
    RB99 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I Done Whatever you Said. Still Problem not Solved.

Screen is still Back and also not see any backlighting on display, i.e. power supply to Display Seems OFF.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options

What happens when you press FN+F6 and FN+F5?

Jack E/NJ

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,264 Trailblazer
    Options

Try pressing the hotkey Alt+ F10 during the boot-up process and follow the steps in the PDF file below, if your model has eRecovery or not this may get you to the Blue Screen of WindowsRE to restore or RESET the system.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

If the screen isn't turning on, you can't use Alt-F10 without also knowing just how to move through menus without being able to see what you are doing. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hassan369
    Hassan369 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Have you find the solution? I am facing same problem for acer p215 52g , i didnt even changed anything , my keyboard light was not working so went to bios , it started working and after exiting bios , laptop is not turning on , even if i plug charger, the charging light doesnt turn on either , please help .

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

If you plug the charger in and the light doesn't come on that is usually the fault of the charger. Do you have a different charger to test with?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.