Acer Revo M1 601-1 SD Card Slot I inserted a 128 GB SD Card in the slot on this unit, and it didn't?

ParkBench
ParkBench Member Posts: 1 New User

Simple question, I hope. I inserted a 128 GB SD Card in the slot on this unit, and it didn't detect it. Presumably there is a maximum size supported, however checking the manual there is no mention of this. Can someone cleverer than me tell me what the maximum supported capacity is? Thanks ever so much!

[Edited the thread to  add  issue detail]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Does it detect other Sd Card ?

I'm assuming that you're looking on Disk Managament in case that it is not formatted.

"

1. Open Disk Management in Windows 10/8/7 by going to This PC/My Computer > Manage > Disk Management.
    2. Locate and right-click on the SD card, and choose "Format".
    3. Choose a proper file system like FAT32, NTFS, exFAT, and tick "Perform a quick format". Then click "OK"."

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

I'm not seeing a spec for the SD card slot on your Revo, but based on the age I wouldn't be surprised if it were SD-HC, which doesn't official support larger than 32GB cards, but in actuality does work with some larger ones.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.