Acer VG270UP Random Vertical Lines FIX/SOLUTION

Options
Hunter1428
Hunter1428 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey all,

I wanted to post a permanent fix / solution for the issue of random vertical lines you can get on the Acer VG270UP. Had this issue for almost a year now and heard that sending the panel back never solved the issue. Maybe it solves other issues on similar panels. If it does not unfortunately I cannot help you there, best to contact Acer support.

TLDR: Contrast on 50 is the issue, change it to 49 or 51 and it never appear again. A panel or monitor replacement does not fix this issue.

Details:
The panel itself maybe the issue. But I knew it was something to do with colours as it only happens when certain amount of similar colour is displayed. It seemed to be that if you have dark colours such as navy blue and grey mixed covering around 30/40% of the monitor (at it's max rez) these lines would appear and burn in quickly.

I decided to turn on the blue light and the lines went straight away, but of course it looks bad… So I turned it of and randomly/luckily I changed the contrast and vala fixed! I tested it on all the webpages and applications I had issues with and thankfully could not get the issues again. As soon as I changed to contract 50 the issue came straight back. So change to 49 or 51 on contrast and your problem will be fixed. Don't bother sending it back for a replacement pane, everyone I have read says it does not fix the issue at all.

Created this account just to post about this fix.

Fantastic monitor but this issue was a pain in the butt :D

Answers