New monitor CCB273U, Network disconnects periodically, should I treat monitor as broken & return it?

Options
MRange
MRange Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 23 in Monitors

I bought this new monitor CB273U to replace my dockingstation.

Unfortunately, my network keeps disconnecting every now and then - especially, when I am doing conference calls.
A PC connected to the same switch (setup: 1. Laptop, 2. CB273U, 3. Switch, 4. Bridge) has no trouble with the network connection.

Since I switched my laptop to wireless, conference calls work like a charm and I had no disconnects anymore.

Is there any option I could set within the monitor or should I treat my monitor as broken and turn it in?

Thanks' in advance for your support and best regards.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,094 Pathfinder
    Options

@MRange

The monitor CB273U  is a external monitor. You can connect this to a Desktop or Laptop for viewing purpose. Network disconnects periodically is a issue which is related with internet. It is related with wireless driver, wired driver, network interface card which is present inside your Laptop or Desktop computer. It is also related with modem and router, switch, bridge which came from your isp. It is no way related with your monitor. Please use the monitor for viewing purpose with a Desktop or Laptop.

Kindly go through the details from the link given below

https://www.acer.com/us-en/monitors/business/cb2/pdp/UM.HB3AA.002

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• MRange
    Options

Hi William_mk2,

this monitor is a combined docking station and display, which offers a connection to the network. Therefore I bought it to replace my old docking station and therefore the network connection with RJ45 should work.
    (And it worked periodically, but not constant - as I wrote, it broke down every confcall)

What I missed to mention is tha only a laptop is connected to the monitor via USB-C cable.

Best regards

Mrange

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Install this driver:

Lan

Realtek

LAN Driver (RJ45)

5.8 MB

2022/07/06

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,094 Pathfinder
    Options

@MRange

I understand you say "What I missed to mention is tha only a laptop is connected to the monitor via USB-C cable""

We need to do certain steps to isolate the issue.

Please try the hdmi cable and check ..

Please change the ethernet cable and check.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• MRange
    Options

Hi there,

thank you very muchg for your support so far.

The installation of a new driver on my companies laptop would unfortunately not work, as it's not allowed. (Current driver is Realtek 10.56.1104.2022 on Windows 10 Enterprise).

Specs of the device: HP Elitebook, Windows 10 Enterprise (19045.2846), Wireless off, Cisco VPN

What I've done so far in regard of testing and trying:

• Changed the Switch between Bridge and the monitor (no positive effect)
    • Changed the location of the headset dongle from the USB-A port of the Montor to an USB-A port of the Laptop on the opposite side (no positive effect)
    • Changed the Laptop and Bridge to be prioritized within the network (no effect)
    • Changed the network cable between switch and monitor (no effect)
    • Downloaded and uploaded 6 Gig of files between my laptop and a company share (took 15 Minutes, worked fine, no network interruption)
    • Pulled out the network cable and switched Laptop to wireless (everything worked totally fine, no network interruption anymore)

Looking at the above, all indicators point onto the laptop and it's network configuration. I think, I will contact our IT.

Really strange - the network interruptions only occur, when I'm attending to conf calls via Skype4Business (aka. Lync).
    A network monitoring job on one of my other computers showed, that the network and the internet connection were both up and running all the time without interruption.

Sorry guys for wasting your time - thank you so much for your hints and support, that made me rethink / reevaluate.

Have a nice evening and best regards from germany

Mrange

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Did you install the dock driver?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • klondike8
    klondike8 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

@MRange

I have exactly the same problem. Having non-regular network interuptions is one of the most severe problems in todays home office times, especially for online meetings. Suddenly you don't hear colleagues or they don't hear you.

After two weeks of "debugging" with my home office equipment, I can definitively say that it's the build-in network hub of my new Acer CB273U Monitor. The rest of the USB-C connector works (USB, screen, charging), but network is unstable, completely unpredictable when interruptions occur.

It is an impudence to ask for a driver update for the laptop, when the problem exists in the monitor!!!

I liked the idea of getting rid of all the cables on my desk. I'm afraid that other monitors may also have the same problem, in my company offices they use Philips monitors, also featuring a build-in network hub. But the company does not connect them, we shall use Wifi, maybe due to the same problem?

So I will also stay with wireless network connectivity at home. Fact is, that the Acer CB273U network connection is just unusable…!!!

@William_mk2 "Network disconnects periodically is a issue which is related with internet" is complete *****!

• lpie90
    lpie90 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Before I start, this is NOT a network issue. It's a USB hub issue - not isolated to this monitor, but rather the NIC (ethernet processing chip that is quite popular) that this monitor uses.

Hey, I had (well hopefully it's now gone, but I'll see next time I have a teams meeting) the same issue as you with the same monitor. Through a bunch of research, the issue for me (and others using USB hubs) was an interaction between Microsoft Teams, and the Realtek chip this monitor uses to handle ethernet (which a LOT of hubs use as well, so it's not just this monitor). I have NO issues at all on my Mac, and no issues outside of teams calls.

I also dislike the "update your drivers" answer as it feels more like a teams issue, given NOTHING else has an issue, but I digress. Ultimately, it seems like updating the drivers might actually be the fix, but you need to go to the source to get the most up to date ones. Other hub providers (lenovo, HP) have bundled the latest driver in with their driver packages which has fixed the issue for others, but the drivers on the Acer website are about a year behind.

This is the most up to date USB ethernet driver that the monitor uses directly from the chip manufacturer: https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-usb-3-0-software

When you run the installer, it might say it's already installed, just hit repair and it will update it to the latest (released about 6 months ago).

I did a quick test just calling myself on another laptop and it ran for 10 minutes without any issues, which is longer than most of the time I have drop outs.

I really hope this fixes things for you (and me).

• lpie90
    lpie90 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

@MRange and @klondike8, really hope the above updated driver helps you guys.