Need bios help Acer veriton Z4660G Now it won't power on.no lights nothing.

Options
John144
John144 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 2023 in All-In-One PCs

Hi ! NEED A BIOS PRO

I have an Acer veriton Z4660G all in one pc, to make a long story short I bought this all in one used for 40$ with a broken lcd, with the objective of making a custom desktop out of it,it was working perfectly but unfortunately this motherboard default settings does not show post or bios on external screen, I tried everything and every cable/port/screen also ext gpu or internal i also tried to navigate blindly because I could access bios without seeing so I looked a youtube video of the same model bios but was unable. I ended up flashing different version of the proper bios from windows, then it would auto apply on reboot or I'd have to press enter up enter...wishing default configuration would show bios on external vga...in the end I ended up modifying the acer bios installing script just a little so it would "force ignore previous configuration" after that it bricked it, but the computer would still power on...fast foward to yesterday I bought a ch134 programmer with sop8, dumped the bios on the chip, then flashed some virgin acer bios rom file from original site, it was a .CAP file I renamed to. Rom
Succes with asprogrammer...verified twice.

Now it won't power on.no lights nothing. At all. It has power on the mobo when plugged however and I verified everything else 10x cleared cmos, did with cr2032 on or off, power cable/supply on and off did the flash with 3 different programs, one of them asprogrammer 2.0.1.3 fix works,  the hex file seems always okay its a perfect copy it verify and it holds there for 24 hours and more.

Upon more verification the dump I made first is corrupted.

At this point im really not a pro in bios and I think because I'm using a "virgin"bios from acer website maybe because and I blanked the boot code or register or Mac/serial etc..

I've been reading online trying to find any source for a unofficial dump of this bios without succes, as soon as I get it to boot I'm going to flash back an original from acer

I've seen some people seem to take original bios file and add stuff to it with an hex editor, like region or Intelme info, could somebody point me in the right direction to learn more about this ?! Also I have one last question, there is a small switch on the motherboard beside the usb-C port called WPI what's is the purpose of that Many thanks !

[Edited the thread  to add  model  name to the  title and  issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options

Now it won't power on.no lights nothing.»>as soon as I get it to boot I'm going to flash back an original from acer »>

If the BIOS chip hardware hasn't been damaged, you don't need to boot in order to flash the BIOS. But you do need some indication that pressing the power button at least lights up the power LED.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options

Likely you shouldn't have tried to do anything with the BIOS, since you were able to boot into Windows there was no need to change the BIOS. At the state you are in right now you will have to reflash the BIOS chip and that's going to take a service center.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.