Acer nitro 5 AN515-57 Replacing the wifi antenna how to replace one antenna from the wifi caste?

Options
Johnny132
Johnny132 Member Posts: 66 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited May 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello, maybe someone knows how to replace one antenna from the wifi caste? I can't plug one under the network card, the antenna is at fault, because the second antenna can be plugged into the card in both places. Wifi works, but it's half as slow. Thank you for your help.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,687 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The metal ground tab surrounding the antenna pin in the middle is bent outward. You need to push the bent tab back in so it's circular or round again The antenna plug won't fit when it's bent outward like that.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,357 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023
    Options

Your Wi-Fi/BT card has two pins for the antenna which is a white and a black antenna wire, and when you say “can't plug one under the network card” there is NO pin under the network card, see caption below. Anyway, changing an antenna wire is a huge job, you need to take the mobo out and the top screen out that is glued with double sided tape and unroute the antenna wires that way (see below caption) then chase the antenna wires all the way up to the top lid camera as that is where the antenna wires end, this is a big job and you need double sided tape and either of the antenna parts below.

Also, your signal should not be affected and you should not have a 50% signal drop, the signal sould be 5% affected at the worst but not reduced by 50%. Try to reconnect this broken antenna wire as your cards pin, try to solder the broken antenna wire onto the Wi-Fi cards antenna pin as it will work and save you allot of work.

If you want to replace the antenna wire completely then these are the parts that you will need.

AN515-57 antenna wires

Wi-Fi card B&W antenna wires and plugs

• JackE
    Options

I can't plug one under the network card

Why can't you? Post a phone photo showing the reason why you can't plug both wires into the wifi card.

Jack E/NJ

• Johnny132
    Options

Well, I give up on the replacement for now. Why the wifi power dropped by half I have no idea. Well, but there is nothing to complain about.
    I send and pictures, and why it is impossible to plug in I have no idea. Thank you for your help.

• JackE
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The metal ground tab surrounding the antenna pin in the middle is bent outward. You need to push the bent tab back in so it's circular or round again The antenna plug won't fit when it's bent outward like that.

Jack E/NJ

• Johnny132
    Options

Thank you very much for your answer 😄 I'll try to deal with it over the weekend, because during the week I don't really have time, and in the evenings I don't have the strength 😅

• Johnny132
    Options

Thank you again for your help, everything worked out and the second antenna is already connected😄

• JackE
    Options

Congratulations Thanks for reporting back. 🙂

Jack E/NJ