Predator Bifrost software not loading for A770 Predator Bifrost gpu

Options
Mineralman
Mineralman Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited January 27 in Predator Laptops

I bought an A770 Bifrost GPU and the intel arc software loads fine and currently using version 31.0.101.4311. When I load the the bifrost software from either the USB it came with in the box or download it from the software center on Acer's website I get the same result when trying to run it. The screen shows the Predator Bifrost in the center of the screen for a 2 seconds and then disappears. It's acting like it wants to load or open the software but then quickly closes. When I go to the task manager it shows the software didn't open. I've tried the older versions of the intel arc software with it and I've tried it without the intel software all together. I keep getting the same result. If anyone has ideas let me know.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options

I bought an A770 Bifrost GPU and the intel arc software loads fine and currently using version 31.0.101.4311

What happens when you uninstall 4311 and load the Acer OEM 3962? Then try to install bifrost again?

Jack E/NJ

• Mineralman

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks for the reply JackE!

It didn't do anything still. It sits there with the bifrost logo for a few seconds and then disappears. I've watched this video

from GraphicArc and go into the folder were the settings file should be under C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\PredatorBifrost. My setting file is completely blank. I'm not sure why. Any other thoughts?

• Mineralman

Tinkerer

edited May 2023
    Options

I'm currently running the BETA today and it still does the same thing like the software if force closing itself upon startup. I'm close to giving up unless team Acer comes out with an update to this software. I'm stuck with it for now.

• JackE
    Options

»»I bought an A770 Bifrost GPU »

When & where?

Jack E/NJ

• Beatbaron
    Beatbaron Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

Unfortunately I'm having the exact same issue since May 2nd after the PC crashed when playing "Star Wars Jedi Survivor".

After that, the Predator BiFrost Software would load for 2 seconds and even show up in the Task manager briefly but after that wouldn't open or start anymore.

Tried uninstalling all Intel drivers and re-installing OEM 3962 but it doesn't fix it unfortunately.

Now the card actually heats up to almost 90° when playing and I can't control the fan speed with the Intel software unfortunately …..

Any help from ACER would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• JackE
    Options

https://community.acer.com/en/profile/Beatbaron

Same question to you. When & where did you buy it?

Jack E/NJ

• Beatbaron

Tinkerer

Options

Hey JackE,

thanks for your reply.
    Bought it from Alternate.de on March 3rd ….. as mentioned above - everything worked just fine up to 2 days ago.

Let me know if you need any other info or logs.

Thanks for your support.

• JackE
    Options

Open Control Panel Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, Click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a date stamp approximately when the GPU issue started?

Jack E/NJ

• Beatbaron

Tinkerer

Options

Was the first thing i checked, but System Restore wasn't activated unfortunately :/

Tried turning the CheckOnStartup to false within settings.json as well but no success.

• Beatbaron

Tinkerer

Options

This is the error msg (in german) in the event log and I've attached the XML view details in the attached file:

0x800702E4: Der Prozess für das Paket ULICTekInc.StereoBox_1.0.104.0_x64__nt9dgb7efx6bt kann nicht erstellt werden, da beim Starten ein Fehler aufgetreten ist. [LaunchProcess]

Might this be a hint?

• JackE
    Options

Maybe. Try to fix errors by this method.

Open elevated command prompt
    Enter 'DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth'
    If successful, enter ' sfc /scannow '
    Reboot

Jack E/NJ

• Beatbaron

Tinkerer

Options

I think i fixed it ….. at least for the moment.

Maybe this will help @Mineralman too?

I basically just reset/upgrade/repair Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool whilst keeping all my files and most settings.
    After that i installed OEM 3962 drivers and Predator BiFrost again and voila …… after a few restarts the BiFrost software loaded up again.

Only worry now is updating the Intel drivers, which I really would like to as there have been many game improvents with the latest Intel drivers.

Is that an option or de we need to wait for an official Acer Predator BiFrost driver update?

Kind regards,
    Beatbaron

• JackE
    Options

Only worry now is updating the Intel drivers, which I really would like
    to as there have been many game improvents with the latest Intel
    drivers.

Thanks for report. But I suggest opening Control Panel's restore point app and make sure System Protection is turned on just in case any updates create issues. It's usually turned off by default on a new installation The problem is the Intel updates are meant for generic Intel card designs. The Acer is an proprietary OEM variation of the basic Intel card that may not work correctly with generic drivers.

Jack E/NJ

• Beatbaron

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks for your reply.

But that means running it on drivers from 2023/03/21, correct?
    There were many improvements from Intel with newer drivers since then - especially with DirectX 11 or older games and some new AAA titles like "Star Wars Jedi Survivor" - which is not playabler for me with the current 3962 drivers unfortunately - game stutters or crashes constantly.

I had the setup work fine with the last couple of Intel driver updates up to 4314 - but then all the sudden the BiFrost software wouldn't load anymore.

Thanks for any other tips.

• JackE
    Options

not playabler for me with the current 3962

As long as System Restore is turned on, you can test the next available Intel generic update to see what happens. If nothing bad, then test the next one available after that. Keep going until you get an Inteel update that's playable. Maybe won't be the latest but at least it'll be a workaround until Acer releases an new OEM update.

Jack E/NJ

• Beatbaron

Tinkerer

edited May 2023
    Options

Sounds like a fair plan!

Thanks for your help so far.

BR

• Mineralman

Tinkerer

Options

I bought it from Newegg.com on 3/23/2023. I'm reading through the other comments below to see if they help too. I'll let you know if that works.

• Mineralman

Tinkerer

Options

I did all these things and just like Beatbaron it stops working after the most recent intel updates. I think Acer needs to get on with the show and put out some updates that work properly.

• JackE
    Options

did all these things and just like Beatbaron it stops working after the most recent intel updates.

As mentioned earlier, try the least intel update first. Then work your way up to more recent versions till you find one that works for you, not necessarily the most recent..

Jack E/NJ