Aspire Switch 10 SW5-011 system language How can I force change the language to En-US

Suhail1966
Suhail1966 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited April 2023 in Switch Series

I bought a used motherboard for my Aspire Switch 10 SW5-011. It is working but with installed windows 10 and the display & system language is Chinese. How can I force change the language to En-US or force factory reset with CMD?

[Edited  the  thread  to  add  issue detail]

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Can you change this setting?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084

@Suhail1966

Try windows + space on keyboard to change the language

Go to control panel - region and language and change the language

Kindly go through the details from link given below

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/manage-display-language-settings-in-windows-219f28b0-9881-cd4c-75ca-dba919c52321

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/manage-the-input-and-display-language-settings-in-windows-12a10cb4-8626-9b77-0ccb-5013e0c7c7a2

Try this method to install windows by choosing the right language..

On a different working computer. 

Go to the website 
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10
    Below the info Create Windows 10 installation media
    click on download tool now.. 
    It will download the windows media creation tool  - click on media creation file on the lower left corner.
    Insert a blank 8 gb flash drive 
    it will download and install the windows 10 on the blank flash drive..  Kindly use atleast a 8 gb usb flash drive to download windows 10

Now insert the flash drive on the broken computer

Tap f2 for laptop and del for desktop while turning on the computer
    It will go to bios
    Go to main
    change the f12 boot menu to enabled
    Go to boot tab or boot options tab
    change the settings
    Boot mode: UEFI
    Secure boot : Enabled
    F10 - Save the changes
    Try f12 while turning on the computer.
    It will go to boot menu
    chose the usb

Boot it using flash drive..
    click on install - chose the language
    chose custom
    on where do you want to install windows screen - remove all the partitions
    It will become like one single unallocated space  
    There is no need to format it.. 
    chose the unallocated space 
    click on next 
    It will install the operating system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Can you change this setting?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Suhail1966

Thank you very much for your help. I have reinstalled windows 10 and now it is working in English, but I have a new problem; I can't connect to internet. Done the network troubleshooting but my machine don't detect network adapter and thus don't see available wireless networks. Do you have driver link to download?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

If you go to the Acer support site for your locale and enter the SW5-011 model into the search box, it should have all the drivers for you. IIRC the WiFi module is soldered to the motherboard, so it's not an easy fix if hardware…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Suhail1966

I have downloaded the drive with no success. My device can't detect the network adapter. What could be the problem and how to fix it?

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Suhail1966

Not at all. Nothing seams wrong with driver. I made a new windows clean install, tried a lot of solutions on the internet, installed the driver from acer website with no success. The network adapter is not detected, everything else is working perfectly. I think it's a hardware issue. Is it possible to use an external network adapter?

• billsey

Sure, just pick up a USB network adapter and use that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Suhail1966

thank you for the help. I just found out the bluetooth not working too!!! are both related issues?

• Suhail1966

I found a 802.11 wifi antena adapter in my old stuff box, WOW it works but slow, Now I have internet. I will buy a small & faster USB Bluetooth/WiFi 600Mbps network adapter. Thank you guys for your help 🌼😀

• billsey

Yeah, an old one could be really slow if it's old enough. Find a more modern design with both WiFi and Bluetooth, they aren't too expensive.

• Suhail1966

Yes, and that is what I did. I bought a tiny USB Bluetooth/WiFi network adapter 300mbps at US$ 7.00 and it is now working perfectly. I had to buy a small microUSB adaptor when using the device in Tablet mode, It looks ugly but it is a solution, my daughter is happy now 😁