Acer Aspire A315-58. Camera driver is missing How do I fix this issue

Doginbucket
Doginbucket Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Aspire A315-58.

I tried to open the camera but it said that no cameras were attatched.

I tried to check device manager, but I could not find it, even when I showed hidden devices and installed legacy hardware

I then went to acer and tried finding and downloading the camera driver, but I could not find it.

And i tried downloading different drivers but they were not supported according to my laptop.

I even tried a system restore 2 times but it did not restore my driver.

How do I fix this issue, is there a way to download the driver?

[Edited  the  thread  to  add  model   name  to  the  title  and  issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,828 Trailblazer

The integrated webcam driver is provided by Microsoft, I have a HD User Facing 2006 driver.

Acer Support does not have a driver for your webcam but installing the IO Drivers may help. Best to load the Windows Webcam package; open Windows PowerShell as administrator and type/paste

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsCamera | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Juliaalaxandar
    Juliaalaxandar Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi there,

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Acer Aspire A315-58's camera driver, and you've tried a number of different solutions without success. We're here to help!

First, we recommend checking your laptop's manual or the manufacturer's website to ensure that your laptop does indeed have a built-in camera. If it does, then it's possible that the camera driver is simply missing or corrupted.

To resolve this issue, we recommend the following steps:

1. Download the Camera Driver: Go to the Acer Support website and search for the correct driver for your laptop's camera. Download and install the driver from the website.
    2. Reinstall the Camera Driver: Go to Device Manager, find the camera device and uninstall the driver. Then, restart your laptop and reinstall the camera driver that you downloaded in step 1.
    3. Check for Windows Updates: Make sure that your laptop's operating system is up to date with the latest Windows updates, as these updates often contain new drivers and bug fixes that can resolve camera driver issues.
    4. Contact Acer Support: If none of the above solutions work, we recommend reaching out to Acer Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or arrange for a repair or replacement of your laptop's camera.

We hope these steps help you resolve your camera driver issue on your Acer Aspire A315-58. If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out!

Best regards,
    Julia Alaxandar

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

If the camera isn't showing at all in Device Manager then you either have a bad camera, the camera has come disconnected somehow, or the underlying USB port used by the camera is having problems. Try removing the USB hubs and controllers in Device Manager and rebooting to force them to be reinstalled. That will sometimes fix it if it's an issue with the USB port. If that fails, and you are out of warranty, open it up and check to camera wires to see if there's an issue. Final step would be to just replace the camera module. They are fairly cheap…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.