Laptop wont reset back to factory it won't boot all the way says its encountered an unexpected error

Duffer1959
Duffer1959 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2023 in Aspire Laptops

i bought my wife a laptop Sunday found out tonight the store gave me the wrong one half the ram and hard drive space than in the ad credit card info was entered so I tried to set back to factory but now it wont boot all the way says its encountered an unexpected error is this an easy fix just wanted the way it was when I got it when I return it here is the screen I get

[Edited  the  thread  to add  issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,085 Trailblazer

Try to shutdown 3-4 times in a row with the power button (start-shutdown, etc.) The Blue screen should pop up with "Repair" don't click on Repair but go to the next screen, Troubleshoot>Restart>F4 or4 Safe Mode.

Once in Safe Mode type/paste: systemreset --factoryreset in the Command Prompt.

if you don't get the Repair Screen try the Alt+F10 method

1. Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.
    2. Press the Power key to turn on the computer.
    3. Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. Your system should boot to a blue screen that says Choose an option.
    4. Select Troubleshoot.
    5. Click Reset your PC.

If still no luck use your Recovery USB flash drive (or borrow one from someone with the same Windows version) to get to the Blue screen and select either Reset and if that fails again select in Troubleshoot: Restart in Safe Mode.

Once in Safe Mode type/paste: systemreset --factoryreset in the Command Prompt.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,892 Trailblazer

To reset the PC you need to do the following:

1. Go to Settings
    2. Recovery
    3. Reset this PC
    4. Click on Remove everything

Follow the above guide, as that is how you are supposed to reset your PC to the way that it came from Acer. The error notification above is because you probably didn't do the reset properly or the laptop encountered a problem. Press OK then reboot the laptop and do all the above, as that should reset your laptop. I f you have any problems then leave the laptop as it is as the retailer selling you the wrong laptop is obliged to change the laptop for the laptop that you paid for.

• Duffer1959
    Duffer1959 Member Posts: 2 New User

no wont go past the pop up it just boots then stops at the same pop up

• What happens when you press alt+f10 before the acer logo?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • iksh
    iksh Member Posts: 1 New User

have you got your solutions sir? if yes, please tell me. i’m going through same problem

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,085 Trailblazer

Your laptop is still under Acer warranty, bring/send it to Acer Services in your country, ask Acer to reset the system to factory defaults.