Can some one help me here

How can I fix this

Thanks

[Edited the thread to add model  name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,816 Trailblazer
    Options

The monitor power supply is blown, bring the monitor to a computer repair shop for repairs (new PSU) or send it to Acer Services if still under warranty, explain you accidently used a wrong adapter.

• RaidM
    RaidM Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Some one told me that is the resistance of over voltage is blown and anther one said it is a data card is blown. I don't know which one I have to by because the city where I live don't have pieces replaceable for acer so I have to buy it. If u have any Idea what is the problem plz help

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,816 Trailblazer
    Options

You cannot repair install cards/MOBOs yourself, this needs to be done by a computer technician, if there are no computer repair shops at your place send the monitor to Acer Services and they will give you an estimate of the costs that are usualy pre-paid before the repairs. If the repair costs exceed 50% of a new monitor price consider buying a new monitor.

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,730 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @RaidM a power surge causes serious damage to the motherboard, in any case you should take the monitor to a technical service to assess the damage caused and find out the cost as long as this repair can be carried out.
    From the community it is not possible to know which components have been damaged.
    I don't know about Acer's warranty yet, but this type of problem is not covered.

Thank you for participating in the Acer community.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)