Unable to install Thunderbolt 463E driver on AN515-58-788H with Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Options

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options

Did you try the other driver freeware tools yet? Here's one of the latest lists If they are unable to resolve the issue, then probably the only solution is to install Win11 on which your machine's TBT4/USB4 port is certified to run properly.

https://www.lifewire.com/free-driver-updater-tools-2619206

Jack E/NJ

• Bozislaw
    Bozislaw Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options

Most recently, I have installed "Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 and 4 DCH Driver for Windows® 10 and Window 11- for Intel® NUC 12 Compute Element ELM12HB" (Thunderbolt-Win10_Win11-1.41.1193.0.zip) driver, an expert advised from another forum. It seems OK at first, the exclamation mark disappeared, but its came back after restart/reboot. 😡

• JackE
    Options

Do you still have fast startup disabled in Control Panel's power button app?

Jack E/NJ

• Bozislaw
    Options

Hello Puraw, I tried RAPR as you suggested, removed all old marked drivers except bluetooth drivers because they seems pretty new and out of subject. I exported a report and attach here if you interest and maybe suggest some further advices.

• JackE
    Options

Do you still have fast startup disabled in Control Panel's power button app?

Jack E/NJ

• marsIANin
    marsIANin Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

Same issue here, subscribed

• marsIANin

Tinkerer

Options

Please check if you have enabled "Use Discrete GPU only" somewhere. You could have done it in BIOS or in Nitro Sense App. When you enable this option, you are warned that you won't be able to use Thunderbolt port.

• JackE
    Options

https://community.acer.com/en/profile/marsIANin»»Same issue here, subscribed

Was your TBT issue resolved or not?

Jack E/NJ

• marsIANin

Tinkerer

edited May 2023
    Options

First I had an issue with unrecognized USB controller. This was solved by the Intel driver mentioned above. But indeed a new issue had appeared - that exclamation mark next to Thunderbolt 463E. This was fixed by editing Graphics adapter settings in BIOS. You can also do it via Nitro Sense application. When I try to switch to "Discrete GPU only" again, it warns me that Thunderbolt type-C won't operate in this regime.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! What is the bios version? In the advanced tab of the bios, is there an option to enable thunderbolt?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options

I think only a TBT wake up Main option unless Ctrl+S reveals another hidden option..

Jack E/NJ

• Bozislaw
    Options

My dear friend, your explanation gave me great hope and I immediately made the correction you highlighted and reinstalled the driver. At first the exclamation point was gone and I was very happy. But after restarting it unfortunately came back. In the "General" tab it says: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) 😥

• Bozislaw
    Options

Dear Jack, we haven't talked about such a topic before, I think you confused it with another thread?

• JackE
    Options

But after restarting it unfortunately came back. In the "General" tab it
    says: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems.
    (Code 43) 😥»>we haven't talked about such a topic before, I think you confused it with another thread?

Yes, maybe. But is fast startup disabled in Control Panel's power button app or not?

Jack E/NJ

• Bozislaw
    Options

I don't remember touching these settings. I can't change the checkboxes anyway.

• marsIANin

Tinkerer

Options

I did 2 things actually:

1. disabled discrete GPU mode (please double-check if it is disabled now in Nitro Sense app)
    2. found a Nitro 5 laptop of previous generation that has Windows 10 on board (AN517-54), went to its support page with drivers, chose Windows 10 there and downloaded "Thunderbolt driver" from there. I have attached it to my message. Honestly, I don't think it was the key but if you have an issue with discrete gpu disabled, you can try to install it.

• JackE
    Options

don't remember touching these settings. I can't change the checkboxes anyway.

Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' near the top of the pane. Then you should be able to UNheck the box for fast startup.

Jack E/NJ

• Bozislaw
    Options

I would like to thank you dear friends, especially Jack and marsIAN, who made an effort to solve my problem. I have also done your last suggestions, but the result does not change. I'm tired now and I want to take a break from this topic. If I can somehow find a solution, be sure to share the solution with you here. Thanks again...

• JackE
    Options

But I am still stick on w10. If I will face another problem with w10 then I will switch to w11»>I have also done your last suggestions, but the result does not change»>I'm tired now

Don't give up yet! Do we still have Win10? Or are we Win11 now?

Jack E/NJ

• Bozislaw
    Options