Getting my ConceptD 7 repaired in Japan, What should I do?

EliaDeMarchi
EliaDeMarchi Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello all!
I'm currently traveling around Japan for a few months and I had planned to work on my ConceptD 7 while I do that. Unfortunately, my laptop broke down on me on day 1. The power won't come on and a manual reset didn't solve anything. I tried taking the laptop to a repair center in Seoul (my stop prior to Japan) but the engineer there told me that he didn't have the parts to repair it, and that I had to get it fixed in Italy (where I live and originally bought it). Looking thru the Acer website, it appears that my model is sold in both S.Korea and Japan - if a product is sold in these countries, shouldn't that mean it can also be repaired here?
I absolutely need my laptop during my trip and need to get it fixed in Japan.

Is this a warranty issue?

What should I do?

Thank you and have a great day.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• EliaDeMarchi
    EliaDeMarchi Member Posts: 2 New User

For clarity, the repair center I went to in Seoul was an ACER repair center.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023

Try to do a Hard Reset by taking the back cover off, disconnecting the main battery and disconnecting the bios battery and also take the ram modules out, but for this you need to take the motherboard out, as the ram modules are on the other side of the mobo as you open the back case. Leave all components disconnected for 15min and then reconnect all except and if you have 2x ram modules only reconnect 1x module first and if it boots then connect the other ram module to see if the cause is from a faulty ram module issue, as one of the main causes of a NO power/boot problems of a new laptop laptop is a frozen Super IO and BIOS chip issue and this resets these chips and laptop completely. Try all that as that should boot your ConceptD 7 laptop up.

If it doesn’t , then take it to Acer Tech Support in Japan as a no power in a laptop is covered under warranty, but be aware that it will take time, especially for a ConceptD 7 that parts are not readily available. This is the Japanese Acer tech Support so contact them and ask how long it will take for your ConceptD 7 issue to be fixed.

Have a look at this guide "Inside Acer ConceptD 7" as this shows how to take this laptop apart, becasue and to take the ram modules out, you need to take the mobo out as the ram is on the other side of the mobo as you take the back case of the ConceptD 7 laptop, good luck and hope this helps you out as I know how frustrating this muct be especialy when you are traveling, arrivederci😁

Unscrew the 8x back cover screws to take the back cover off:

Disconnect the main battery and the bios battery