PREDATOR PH717-71 - BUG PREDATOR SENSE I'm having a software problem.

Options
ploxis
ploxis Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2023 in Predator Laptops
Hello, I have an acer predator ph717-71 pc in my possession.
I'm having a software problem. 
Starting the "predator sense" program I can't change the color of the keyboard which always remains blue.
Furthermore, overclocking is only started the first time by opening the keyboard and after that you have to restore the software as I no longer do it automatically.
 I already tried to uninstall and reinstall "predator sense" but nothing to do. Does anyone have any advice?
 [Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options

@ploxis

Try ctrl + shift + esc
    Go to task manager
    check whether you see any item called predatorsense on the list below processes
    right click on predatorsense – endtask. Close the taskmanager
    Now try to open the application..

Try ctrl + shift + esc
    Go to task manager - Go to details tab
    check whether you see any item called predatorsense on the list
    right click on predatorsense – endtask. Close the taskmanager
    Now try to open the application..

Sometimes a simple system restore will fix the issue..

Try windows x
    click on power shell admin or command prompt admin or Terminal admin if it is windows 11
    type rstrui
    chose an earlier date on which your computer was working fineclick on next, finish, yes
    It will restore your computer to an earlier date
    if you get an message - system restore not completed - click on close
    It will show you all the icons..
    Try and check whether it is working now ..

If it is still not working
    Try windows + r - On the run window
    Type msconfig
    go to services - check hide all microsoft service - disable and enable all. Go to the General Tab on the top
    chose normal startup if it is in selective startup – click on apply - ok
    restart the computer
    It should work now

If it is still not working try to create a new user - set it up as admin. Logout and login as new user and check.

Try windows + r - On the run window
    Type control

It will go to control panel
    Click on User accounts
    Again click on User accounts
    Manage another account – Add a new user in PC settings - Click on add someone else to this PC or Click on “Make changes to my account in PC settings”
    Go to Family & other users
    Go to Other users
    Click on add someone else to this PC
    Click on “I don’t have this person’s sign in information
    Click on Add a user without a Microsoft account
    Type the user name and password
    Click on the user – change account type
    Change the Standard user to Administrator
    Click on ok
    Sign out and Sign in as new user
    You can even create a Microsoft account instead of local account.

Sign out and Sign in and it should work fine

If it is still not working...

Try windows + x

on run - type appwiz.cpl

It will show you the list of programs

remove any items related with predator sense

Go to support.acer.com
    chose your country
    type snid or chose your model
    go to drivers - application
    Download and install the predator sense

It will work fine....

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options

@ploxis

If it is still not working then we have to do a refresh and reset

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

or 

on start - type here to search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top  - click on get started 

It will show you keep my files and remove everything
    chose keep my files 
    chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 
    It will be in progress.. 
    login to computer and start using the computer. 
    If it is still not working 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 
    chose remove everything 
    click on local reinstall - just remove my files - click on reset
    It will be in progress

Note:

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) -  all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos  will still be intact.   Only the applications will be lost

If you do reset  ( remove everything )  - you are doing a factory default.   It will become like a day one computer.    It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer. 

You can also do the recovery in an alternative way..

There are two alt keys on the keyboard.  If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar.  The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car.  Turn off the computer.  Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.   It will go to repair mode. It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot.   If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer.  Turn on the computer.  Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt )  and then tap f10 continuously.  It will go to chose an option continue and troubleshoot..

It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot
    Go to troubleshoot  -  click on reset this pc
    click on keep my files  ( only applications will be lost )   chose your account and type your password   - click on local reinstall  - click on reset
    It will be in progress 

If the keep my files option is not working 

Go to troubleshoot  -  click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – just remove my files – click on reset 
    It will reinstall windows. 

If the just remove my files is not working..

Go to troubleshoot  -  click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – Fully clean the drive – click on reset 
    It will reinstall windows. 

Note: You can also go to chose an option , continue , troubleshoot by holding the alt key + tapping f10  or alt gr + tapping f10 on the keyboard while turning on the computer.    Once you see the troubleshoot option, you can stop tapping the f10 and stop holding the alt key.    Then you can try the keep my files and remove everything ( just remove by files and fully clean the drive ) by following the steps which was mentioned above. 

After reintsalling the windows please check whether predator sense is working fine.

Go to support.acer.com
    chose your country
    type snid or chose your model
    go to drivers - application
    Download and install the predator sense

It will work fine....

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• m1sterd
    m1sterd Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options

Sorry not read all the above, but, I have just got a Predator Helios 16 and the keyboard/rgb was just blue, I fixed it by going into the Predator Sense applications, going to Pulsar Lighting, then clicking the Reset the lighting effect settings button, it warns you its going to reset the settings, not quite sure what that means, but I can now change my RGB.

• ploxis
    ploxis Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Sorry, but I can't find "Pulsar Lighting". Where exactly can I find it?
    Where should I restore?
    I entered the Software but did not find it.

• KazamaJin211
    KazamaJin211 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

I am having a similar problem but I found a short term fix. My predator sense app just wouldn't work after a resent update. It would start up but no readings and could not change any of the settings. Tried everything and even took it back to best buy where I got it. They couldn't solve the problem. I was abt to send it in to acer tech support but I just unplugged the ethernet cable from the laptop just messing around, restarted it and boom it was working again. Tested it multiple times and seemed to do the trick. I just don't leave the ethernet in or wifi on when shutting down the laptop. I think it is some type of bug but I will send it in to acer later if I can not fix it permanently.

• LarryGill
    LarryGill Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

So what was happening with me was the software was glitching out i tried all the methods mentioned above and it did nothing for me. Predator sense was not showing anything it was glitching the UI and was not changing fan speed.

Solution- What i found out is you go to driver website of acer and download older version of the software and install that after uninstalling the existing one. what will happen is it will be installed but will not show up. after you do that install the latest version what i think it does is resets the data of the software or something and that is what fixed it for me.

• LarryGill
    LarryGill Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

BTW your software is trash having issues from day 1 update it.

• KazamaJin211
    KazamaJin211 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

Glad that worked out for you, I also tried that method but it didn't work before I tried my last method. Also I wasn't having trouble from day one, It was an resent update that seemed to cause that problem for me. Thanks for the input though bud 👍️