Can I get Acer support to remotely disable the backlight shutoff?

NYArtist
NYArtist Member Posts: 3 New User

Can Acer support remotely disable the backlite shutoff? It's driving me crazy.

Answers

• NYArtist

ACER..PLEASE RESPOND

• What is the exact model? Example AN515-55-5890. On some models, it is possible to disable this feature in the bios.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NYArtist

This is the model number. I had trouble figuring out if the last number is a 5 or 6. I think it's a 5.

N20C5

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

Try pressing Ctrl+S in the BIOS MAINn tab to see if a keyboard backlight timer option appears. Also check the BIOS INFOrMATION tab to check your model number again. Should be something like A315-xxx or A515-xxx.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

You aren't going to reach any Acer support people here, this forum is for community members only, so other Acer users like yourself. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. That other model number doesn't have a cross reference to the actuall model series or SKU. In most cases there isn't an option to turn off the backlight completely, but as Jack suggests there are a few models with that option in the BIOS.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • I think he is referring to the A315-35 model. I think he is referring to the A315-35 model. I think he should send some pics of the bios info and main tabs.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)