Need Recovery disk/s for Windows VISTA Home Premium.

Options
Green01
Green01 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited April 2023 in Acer Software

I will be getting rid of this old desktop, need to do a hard/factory reset. Need recovery disk/s, it did not come with any! I only have product key. Please help, I want to get this done and out asap.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

What is the exact model of the desktop? Example: AN515-55-5890. Perhaps, it would be interesting to perform a cold installation of the operating system, using an iso.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,730 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @Green01 contact Acer directly in your country, but surely Acer no longer has Windows Vista recovery since this system was discontinued by Microsoft on April 13, 2010 and its updates were definitively closed on April 11, 2017.

The recoveries were not available in digital format for download, they were physical media.

If the disk is the original and the disk has not been changed or formatted, have you checked if it still maintains the recovery option from the system itself?

Here is the information of the current recovery of Windows 10 and Windows 11, at the end, an information telephone number appears for the request of physical media:

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/129-acer-recovery-media

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Green01
    Options

The model is Acer Aspire M1200 AM1200-E1521A

If I could somehow get the disk that'd be great, willing to pay for them. That's what I'm looking for. The only option I have on the system is to do a restore/going back to previous update/or backup.

Thank you, I will find a phone number for Acer as a last resort but I'm worried they will tell me the same thing, it's an outdated OS they no longer support and don't have recovery disks for it.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023
    Options

Acer won't have them any longer. Likely best is to just wipe it comeletely and don't install an OS at all, or remove the HDD before sending it out for recycling. That's an old enough machine that not many will be able to find a use for it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Green01
    Options

Thanks billsey. Sounds good. How do I wipe it completely?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,824 Trailblazer
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Take it out of the PC and mount it in an external USB case or cable for that HDD (they may still sell USB cases/cables online for older HDDs). Connect that to another PC USB port and Reformat the external HDD in File Explorer either Complete (will take hours) or Quick or physically destroy the HDD with a hammer.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options

Or boot from a Windows install flash drive by moving the external USB drive option higher in the boot priority list in the BIOS and use the Repair mode to get to a command prompt, where you can wipe everything using DOS commands.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.