Aspire TC-780 Music Producer does not update music file when rendering

I mix and master music. When there are several changes made to a song and saved to a folder (Windows 10 Home) the first versions act as expected. That is the changes are made. For example, I can remove a vocal, save the song and it plays without the vocal. Making a change to the song and saving the song, overwriting the song with the same name, eg. songname.wav the vocals will be back in the song! Saving this same song as with an MP3 extension will have the vocals removed…the first time! Copying or saving the song to a different folder will play with the vocals removed!

I have experienced this behavior in two separate applications leading me to believe it is a Windows or system Cache problem. I have emptied the cache, deleted the song then rendered it again and it will still have the vocals…unless it is copied to a different folder!

System Info:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB with 2 500GB SSDrives
Device ID 2707C925-E7DC-45AE-8074-4D60B35B49FD
Product ID 00325-80118-02710-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎3/‎30/‎2021
OS build 19045.2728
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Sure sounds like an app issue… What happens when working with a document, or spreadsheet, or …?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jrichardson52
    Jrichardson52 Member Posts: 3 New User

Thanks for looking at this, I have not experienced this with other apps. I have noticed this behavior only on music files. I have used two separate apps, one of which is Mixcraft 9 Pro by Acoustica. Their support said to make sure the ASIO drivers and the music file settings are the same 44100 bits. I have checked that it seemed to solve the problem for a while. I guess it could be the ASIO driver I'll check that but the thing is when saving the file to a different folder the issue temporarily dissapears. The three files I saved yesterday, a wav, an mp3, and a wav in a different directory are all working as expected, that is without vocals. They weren't working yesterday, meaning you could hear the vocal track. This leads me to believe it's pc related…somehow.

• billsey
    edited April 2023

Is there any chance some other app would have the file open at the same time? That would tend to block the actual save, though usually apps warn you if they aren't able to write.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jrichardson52
    Jrichardson52 Member Posts: 3 New User

I think it's not likely, working with music I only use one app at a time because it is a single song. I will save the song in one app and then load in another for further modifications, but the original app is always closed as I have noticed in Mixcraft, for example you always have to render it with a different name. Interestingly though if I start with an MP3 and this behavior starts, rendering the file as a WAV the song will play as expected, for awhile. Going back and rendering it as an MP3 the behavior still exists.

I have an app that will convert MP3 to WAV and vice versa but that doesn't change the behavior. Beginning to think I may just have to live with a workaround, that is saving to a different directory each time. That's gonna mess up the SDD eventually. By the way all of the work is done on SSD Drive D: I wonder if that could be an issue. Just checked and Drive D:\ has 23.8 GB available out of 500GB which is only 5%

I'll clean that up and see what happens. Thank you so much for your interest in this issue.

• billsey
    edited April 2023

You might also reach out to the developers for the software, they might have insight into what could cause it… Oh, and swap the 500GB SSD for a 2TB. :)