Card reader not reading?It doesn't read it or even acknowledge that there is one.

Options
katlaw1010
katlaw1010 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited April 2023 in Windows 11

When I insert my SD card nothing happens. It doesn't read it or even acknowledge that there is one.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, there's a cable that runs between the SD card reader and your motherboard, that connects near the SATA cables. Here's a picture:

That ones at the bottom, next to memory modules is the one. Makes sure it's still lugged in place and then try to check for pinched wires between it and the SD card slot.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options

@katlaw1010

Just to check its not the issue with the Sd card, try with another one and check

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    Options

What computer do you have? Are you sure the card is being inserted correctly?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • katlaw1010
    Options

I have an Acer Aspire TC-885-UA91. Ive put a card in before and had no problem reading it but it has been awhile.

• katlaw1010
    Options

I have double checked and it doesn't seem to matter which sd card i insert. The problem continues.

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, there's a cable that runs between the SD card reader and your motherboard, that connects near the SATA cables. Here's a picture:

That ones at the bottom, next to memory modules is the one. Makes sure it's still lugged in place and then try to check for pinched wires between it and the SD card slot.